STORM NOT LETTING STAR HOOKER GO ANYWHERE

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great news!
You should stick to those other threads your "winning" kennellers over in lol.
Not compulsory to love the cheese but if you don't think he would fit in at the dogs and kill it?..then I want some of what your on mate.
PS let me know the merchandise prices in mail in case the po po are watching.
Bahahahaha!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get grant has had injuries this year but hell come out of it soon and i just cant see how storm can keep both and cant see the cheese wanting to play lock

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I get grant has had injuries this year but hell come out of it soon and i just cant see how storm can keep both and cant see the cheese wanting to play lock
The question is will Grant "come out of it soon" or ever? Hamstrings are notoriously re-occurring injuries, being large muscle tears they can often not recover fully and become easier to injure the next time, and then easier the time after. If they can't be fully recovered from then risk mitigation and avoidance are often the only effective treatments. For example in Grant's case that could mean something like avoiding explosive acceleration. Which obviously would drastically reduce his effectiveness from dummy half.

Always a Bulldog

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Storm hooker Brandon Smith is set to stay with Melbourne and see out his contract until the end of 2022 at least.

Smith has been linked to the Bulldogs and Titans after requesting a release from the club to pursue a starting role at a rival club given Harry Grant's long-term mortgage on the Storm No.9 jersey.

However The Daily Telegraph reported the Storm are keen to keep Smith in light of Dale Finucane’s decision to join the Sharks on a four-year deal.

The Storm were originally willing to let Smith leave if they could agree on a suitable player swap with an NRL rival.

However given Smith covers the lock position, Finucane’s departure has made him even more vital for the club moving forward.

The 25-year-old cult hero has scored 10 tries in 17 games for the Storm this season and has started the bulk of the games at hooker in light of Grant’s injury troubles that have restricted him to just seven appearances.

The Storm are set to use the money freed up by Finucane’s departure to help secure Smith’s signature for the long-term.

Smith has scored 18 tries in 79 games for the Storm since his debut in 2017 and has also scored two tries in seven Tests for New Zealand.

November 2021 is the time for Gould to turn into GOLD !!!

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
November 2021 is the time for Gould to turn into GOLD !!!
Gus won’t pay overs, which some idiot club will do if… when… there’s a bidding war for him

The moment Gus walked in the door was the end of any play for Cheese if it wasn’t dead already.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You should stick to those other threads your "winning" kennellers over in lol.
Not compulsory to love the cheese but if you don't think he would fit in at the dogs and kill it?..then I want some of what your on mate.
PS let me know the merchandise prices in mail in case the po po are watching.
Bahahahaha!
I'm not trying to win anybody over. Popularity is a casualty of honesty. He's not worth the money he would asdk to leave Melbourne. It's really that simple.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A question to all the pessimists...
Do you think TBaz & the club would wast time with the Cheese if he wasn't a big chance of coming at least from 2023 onward ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do you think TBaz & the club would wast time with the Cheese if he wasn't a big chance of coming at least from 2023 onward ?
Who gives a fuck about 2023 lololol.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fugg the pessimists...already saw Gus talk about buying players on 100% footy last night, it's based around what their about as a player and person as opposed to the price tag and determining whether their a $$ seeker only..Smith imo is not plays his nuts off for unders week in week out..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's called planning in advance, something that hasn't been done at our club for many years
Obviously you need to plan in advance but this whole Smith situation is just being desperate. He isn't coming.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus would already know if Smith wants to come or not. If not then he would chase others.