Official Storm lose major jersey sponsor as Purple Bricks pulls out of Australia.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just noticed that you can't even buy the 2019 Storm jerseys LOL..

Anyway major front of jersey sponsor Purple Bricks is pulling out of Australia, and so with it goes Storms major front jersey sponsor (one that took them some time to find).

https://www.domain.com.au/news/purplebricks-announces-its-quitting-australia-835149/

Online real estate outfit Purplebricks has announced it will quit the Australian market after a tumultuous six months, and acknowledged its global expansion was “too rapid”.

The Australian arm of the British-founded company will close its operations after two and a half years of attempting to crack the property market down under.

Purplebricks Group chief executive Vic Darvey on Tuesday afternoon said it was a difficult decision to close the Australian business.

“Unfortunately, we have been unable to make the progress in the Australian market that we’ve wanted, despite the tireless efforts of our employees,” Mr Darvey said in a statement.

“This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but with market conditions becoming increasingly challenging, we do not believe that the prospective returns in Australia are enough to justify continued investment.”

In a statement, the company said: “With hindsight, our rate of geographic expansion was too rapid and as a result, the quality of execution has suffered. We have also made sub-optimal decisions in allocating capital. We will learn from these errors and will not make them again.”

Mr Darvey was appointed only today after former chief executive and company founder Michael Bruce quit. Mr Darvey was appointed chief operating officer in January.

The company has been marred with negative reports about its agents’ fixed fees, allegations of pressuring vendors to lower their asking prices and of a toxic culture within the business, and its share price crashing to a two-year low.

Mr Darvey said the company would take no further listings in Australia but intended to engage with its current customers to finalise all existing agreements.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Should’ve tried cracking the Aus market before the peak maybe?

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Melbourne will be fine. Instead their sponsors will be "Purple Paper Bags"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Watching NRL 360 and they still have ads on Foxtel .. LOL and they wonder why they are losing money.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember seeing ads for this mob as recently as last week. Fighting to the death?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don't think they'll have problems finding a major sponsor. Let's just hope for their sake it's not an ugly red logo!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately storm will always be fine (for now) one sponsor gone, another on board, carry on winning !! I for one can’t wait till that legacy/error ends and they are at the bottom of the heap! Sitting where we are COLD LAST and the fans gobsmacked!!

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor decisions, no shit!
Entering the Australian property market at probably the worst time possible.

EAD Melbourne. Even if you do have a new sponsor in a few days....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know why people think Melbourne will find a sponsor so easily they had been searching for months until they got Purple Bricks and that was only a one year deal so they must have just settled for them.

This is why its so dumb when people shit on KIA they are giving us big money and we are lucky to have them.

Last edited:

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know why people think Melbourne will find a sponsor so easily they had been searching for me for months until they settles on Purple Bricks and that was only a one year deal so they must have just settled for them.

This is why its so dumb when people shit on KIA they are giving us big money and we are lucky to have them.
Our jersey is the richest in the league. All our jersey sponsorships are taken. Other clubs don’t have sponsors all over the jersey. Melbourne struggled to get a major sponsor for this season.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our jersey is the richest in the league. All our jersey sponsorships are taken. Other clubs don’t have sponsors all over the jersey. Melbourne struggled to get a major sponsor for this season.
Considering how many times the Telecrap puts a pic of our jersey in the paper accompanying a bullshit story, I'm not surprised!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Storms problem is they are competing for sponsorship against the majority of AFL clubs in Melb.

Hence they get the dregs these days.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are they still sponsored by the NRL referees though ?