Opinion Storm at the end of their run.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
E6C302C3-580B-450C-86DA-EA208B498A15.jpegThis will hurt them if he isn’t available for the first few games and considering he’ll also not be available around origin due to rep selection.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
View attachment 21635This will hurt them if he isn’t available for the first few games and considering he’ll also not be available around origin due to rep selection.
Too bad their back up hooker is the NZ hooker and probably also top 5 in the game lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Never write the storm off no matter many have tried and ate there words as long as bellemy in charge they won’t fail 06 the storm we’re written off without Orford and found Cronk and all the pieces fell into place for the next 12-15 yrs with a side built around a core foundation of a 1-7-9 base
This time it's different. With no Cameron Smith or Craig Bellamy, they won't be as strong. Having Cameron Smith on the field drives the players. Look at the Broncos, Darren Lockyer was well past his best, yet his presence on the field lifted the team. Smith will be missed when he retires at the end of the season.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

The Melbourne Storm NRL club has asked the Victorian Supreme Court to delay former chief executive David Donaghy starting with the Brisbane Broncos, claiming he holds confidential information about the club.

Looks like Melbourne are panicking that their salary cap manipulating methods will get shared with Brisbane.

It always get's messy when an employee's pay is involved;

Mr Donaghy alleging the club owed him entitlements including a $50,000 long-term incentive payment.
In his affidavit to the court, Mr Donaghy also claims that staff took a 50 per cent pay cut during COVID-19 lockdown for seven weeks.
He claims Melbourne Storm chairman Matt Tripp told him the shortfall of $31,500 would be paid by the club following a successful season.
Mr Donaghy alleges all of the other senior management staff apart from him have received the payment.

Go Dogs

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They might miss the top 4 for the first time since 2015

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They'll win the GF again this year i reckon

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
dont like 'em and never will but i don't see a drop off this year, Brandon will do good play strong and they have numerous other gun players.
Really bad luck with injuries the only thing that could be an issue and Grant's early one isn't ideal but not a big problem at this stage.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope Melbourne do well this year otherwise we will hear commentators crap on & on about Cam Smith...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope Melbourne do well this year otherwise we will hear commentators crap on & on about Cam Smith...
I caught the tail end of a conversation about someone or other already calling for him to skip any waiting period and be named the next immortal already on the radio today. So the wankfest over him isn't done yet sadly.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

The cracks are appearing and getting larger, first it was JAC moving to us at the same time as Bellamy’s contract expires and now it seems that Papenhuyzen won’t be resigning if Bellamy leaves. They won’t be the only players finding Melbourne is nowhere near as attractive without Donaghy and Bellamy there running the show off the field and CSmith running it on the field. Possibly even more importantly the days of players accepting lower value contracts (than what they can get elsewhere) is rapidly disappearing.

Go Dogs

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I caught the tail end of a conversation about someone or other already calling for him to skip any waiting period and be named the next immortal already on the radio today. So the wankfest over him isn't done yet sadly.
It was Brad Fittler that said it. Being an ex Rooster he knows all about special treatment, and Cam Smith coming from the same mould of entitled player/person, then they would think it is fine to bend the rules compared to the others that had to wait their time to be inducted.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Logic says their run will come to an end eventually despite the fact they are a well run club who scout and plan well. Their biggest test will be when Bellamy rides off into the sunset.

Success in Rugby League is cyclical. St.George won 11 consecutive Premierships between 1956 and 66 and also won at least half the reserve grade and third grade premierships in that period. Their depth was incredible due in the main to an administration that was years ahead of their time. It took a rule change from unlimited tackles to 4 tackles to stop them. And it was US that knocked them out in the 67 Preliminary Final to end their reign. Since then 3 Premierships in 53 years.

The next coach of the Storm is under immense pressure so I suspect he will be quite experienced and not someone who steps up from being an assistant.
They also cheated & if it were in this day & age would have had their premierships removed. There was a residential rule at the time & the secretary used to register a lot of players at his home address including Raper.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They looked vulnerable last night, just didn't have that aura of confidence that they usually have when games are close. The service from dummy half was poor and they lost the middle ground, something the Storm are not used to loosing.

I know Beast Mode has mentioned they have Harry Grant coming back but he's no Cam Smith, Melb have lost a notch imo.