Opinion Stop the inhouse fighting and start recruiting.

Wild Robbo

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have been following this once powerhouse club for 40 years and am disgusted with whats happening at the moment.

We need to sign several players asap and expect to pay overs for most of them for them to want to come here.

We need to sign Benji on minimum wage as a stop gap and leader until we get Burton.

We need to pay overs for Brandon Smith.

We need Hetherington as a hard nose forward.

We need to sign Staines for some backline pace.

Why are we still playing Holland and Montoya in first grade ?

We need to get this shit sorted before other clubs jump in before us whilst we continue to focus on inhouse bickering and fighting.

Because you never know whats around the corner...… if clubs were rated on current KPIs we would probably be playing NSW cup.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've accepted the fact that we won't be making the finals next year and will claim back to back spoons... Will I still support the club, yes. But I'm sick of being let down year after year... We are a basket case and I'll be setting my expectations as low as possible

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're not going to sign Benji when we've already signed Green. It's either we sign Burton or persist with Wakeham (ideally want both playing in 2022). Let's be honest, some how Lewis will still be our starting half in 2021.

Brandon Smith's a no brainer. Securing a top hooker for 2021 is going to be the only saving grace for the board.

Not sure on Hetherington (I'd probably have him below everyone I'm about the mention). Other forward options are Welch and Ofahengaue (I don't see Broncos letting go of any of there other forwards, small chance for Flegler). There's also Tamou and Bromwich (not sure if he's taken up his PO yet) but age isn't on their side.

Not sure what Staines has shown that Meaney hasn't. I don't think there's enough out there from Staines' NRL games and reserve grade highlights (if anything shows why we need Burton) for an argument there.

I don't understand why we'd continue to play players that aren't going to be with us in 2021. For e.g. even if Reimis has been terrible this year it's still better to play him as he's contracted for 2021.

With how our club has operated in the transfer market we'll end up with an underwhelming recruitment (everyone else re-signing or moving elsewhere) and probably even end up front loading contracts to be salary cap complaint (just joking, unless...?) If we use Brandon Smith as an e.g. why is he going to join us over Titans and Tigers (and potentially other clubs) when they're also offering overs? It's just a broken record at this point.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Let's see how the shown down between leagues and the footy club goes first. There might be a lot of dollars taken out of the kitty for legal fees

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
An EGM should be held not to toss out the board but to confirm they still have the support of the members. If they don’t then have fresh nominations. This will put all the infighting to bed.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've accepted the fact that we won't be making the finals next year and will claim back to back spoons... Will I still support the club, yes. But I'm sick of being let down year after year... We are a basket case and I'll be setting my expectations as low as possible
This year we have even failed to do the usual face saver of winning the last four or five games of the season.

Next year looks like a record of no wins at all.

Expect injuries to key players in the pre-season; and at least one player demanding a contract release by game 3.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This year we have even failed to do the usual face saver of winning the last four or five games of the season.
I wouldn’t look too much into that Chris.
Remember most of the football department staff and several players are being moved on. Morale is low but expected - a result of tough but necessary decisions. That all changes from November.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only way to silence the critics in the media is to make some good signings. But it's hard to be optimistic at the moment considering the track record of those in charge.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We arent playing finals football next year by adding Cotric. Green wont be available for the start of the year and to be honest im not sure how we sign players with the way the club is run at the moment. if i was a player and had a choice of another club id be going to another club. We have missed the finals for 4 years now and to be honest of style of play before that was terrible. 5 -12 year olds have been deciding who they go for over the past 5-6 years do you think we would have a strong level of new young supporters? where does that leave our supporter base in the future? ive had enough of this. either sort it or get out of our club

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been following this once powerhouse club for 40 years and am disgusted with whats happening at the moment.

We need to sign several players asap and expect to pay overs for most of them for them to want to come here.

We need to sign Benji on minimum wage as a stop gap and leader until we get Burton.

We need to pay overs for Brandon Smith.

We need Hetherington as a hard nose forward.

We need to sign Staines for some backline pace.

Why are we still playing Holland and Montoya in first grade ?

We need to get this shit sorted before other clubs jump in before us whilst we continue to focus on inhouse bickering and fighting.

Because you never know whats around the corner...… if clubs were rated on current KPIs we would probably be playing NSW cup.
I like u am very pissed off,as we go from one disaster to another,my solution is maybe to have an election,to wipe the slate clean,and try to take the politics out of our once proud club,if this board had to be judged on results,at the present time,I would say they don’t deserve to be there,and agree 100% on Montoya & Holland they are diabolical,would not even make Canterbury cup squads.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're not going to sign Benji when we've already signed Green. It's either we sign Burton or persist with Wakeham (ideally want both playing in 2022). Let's be honest, some how Lewis will still be our starting half in 2021.

Brandon Smith's a no brainer. Securing a top hooker for 2021 is going to be the only saving grace for the board.

Not sure on Hetherington (I'd probably have him below everyone I'm about the mention). Other forward options are Welch and Ofahengaue (I don't see Broncos letting go of any of there other forwards, small chance for Flegler). There's also Tamou and Bromwich (not sure if he's taken up his PO yet) but age isn't on their side.

Not sure what Staines has shown that Meaney hasn't. I don't think there's enough out there from Staines' NRL games and reserve grade highlights (if anything shows why we need Burton) for an argument there.

I don't understand why we'd continue to play players that aren't going to be with us in 2021. For e.g. even if Reimis has been terrible this year it's still better to play him as he's contracted for 2021.

With how our club has operated in the transfer market we'll end up with an underwhelming recruitment (everyone else re-signing or moving elsewhere) and probably even end up front loading contracts to be salary cap complaint (just joking, unless...?) If we use Brandon Smith as an e.g. why is he going to join us over Titans and Tigers (and potentially other clubs) when they're also offering overs? It's just a broken record at this point.
Are you saying you would rather persist with meaney rather then the club pursue stains?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
it is impossible for a club, business, or even a team to run smoothly when there are factions working to benefit themselves or working against each other
what we have is the andersons living off the deeds of bullfrog, they are claiming they will be successful because of their dna, that's complete bullshit
now there been stories and rumors out in the media regarding another high sitting bulldogs figure
throw into the mix other positions filled by ex players or their family members, its just not working and will not work

as i said before remove everyone andersons and everyone else, put an administrator in place short term and have them find the right business people for the positions
a strong club needs a strong leadership a successful club needs people with right credentials running it

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We arent playing finals football next year by adding Cotric. Green wont be available for the start of the year and to be honest im not sure how we sign players with the way the club is run at the moment. if i was a player and had a choice of another club id be going to another club. We have missed the finals for 4 years now and to be honest of style of play before that was terrible. 5 -12 year olds have been deciding who they go for over the past 5-6 years do you think we would have a strong level of new young supporters? where does that leave our supporter base in the future? ive had enough of this. either sort it or get out of our club
I'd be signing with the Bulldogs. Easy money for little effort.

If you know you're not at representative levels, why not go for big bucks at a lazy club?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The infighting will continue forever. An EGM will not fix it...each side has enough supporters to support their existence on the Boards. Theres no doubt it's affecting the playing squad. Add in that the GM of football has also fallen out with the CEO of the football club and you have the makings of an insolvable mess. The answer as Hooper would say is a pineapple.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm not worried atm with signings. If we don't sign players after this season then I'll start worrying.

I just hope our Panther targets are just being courteous to their current team while already agreeing to join Baz with us.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm not worried atm with signings. If we don't sign players after this season then I'll start worrying.

I just hope our Panther targets are just being courteous to their current team while already agreeing to join Baz with us.
Agree, we need to sign Staines, Burton and Johnston along with a hooker and half.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone always says this stuff affects the playing squad.
I reckon they don't care.

When I worked at Optus, I didn't give two shits about management changes.