No Source Stop Rewarding Unfaithful Players

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are the all blacks really that good compared to a team of elite NRL players? I reckon players like Turbo,Haas, etc would walk into the all blacks team.
Agree, I think League elite players are better than the Union elite if comparing both codes. The All Blacks as a team have incredible resilience and standards but as individuals, league elite are some of the best athletes on the planet for contact sport

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I always laugh at these players that say "oh it's a dream to play for the all blacks" in such a way that they think they can waltz in and make it.
Pretty tough squad to crack into whether their form is up or down.
RTS went over as elite and only played 3 Tests - maybe he sees just making their team a success but to me it’s such a waste.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are the all blacks really that good compared to a team of elite NRL players? I reckon players like Turbo,Haas, etc would walk into the all blacks team.
No chance.

It's like the league players that think the can make the NFL.

They might walk into the Wobblies but they are dreaming they can make the All Blacks bench.

Turbo would be medically retired after the first tackle.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Also Matty Johns having his love child Cooper Cronk and also Michael Chieka in his podcast show, really a union coach, why do that??. What a fckwit.
Must be thousands of ex league players or coaches you can have on your show.
He did coach the Lebanese national league team during the world cup while he coached the Argentinian national union team which would be great to talk about, chieka said he has always liked league too

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It still reeks as a handshake with a knife in the back.
Dangerous waters
Many other worthy people to interview, but Matty gets what he wants without thinking.
Loved him on triple M.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
So what if we lose a few. We gain all the time.
If it helps the wallabies why not

It’s all ebb and flow. Rugby is the world game

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
U say it but Jarryd Hayne couldn’t crack the Fuji team and Benji struggled at the blues

The one who is perfect is Matt burton

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
U say it but Jarryd Hayne couldn’t crack the Fuji team and Benji struggled at the blues

The one who is perfect is Matt burton
IIRC it was the Fiji Sevens team he was playing for not the Rugby Union team.
I have no doubt that if Hayne had gone from the NRL to Super Rugby he would have played for the Wallabies. I can’t think of a high profile league to union convert who didnt make an international appearance

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One player jumping ship every other year is actually more damaging to Rugby than the NRL.

Rugby has been struggling to stay relevant for years in Australia.
Until they can get the best talent to choose Union from the start of their career than every time they poach a player it is another kick in the guts for their own up and coming talent.

Junior development / nurseries will always be the key to long term success of a code and in that department rugby is still an amateur sport.