Stop overreacting

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The niff nuffs are in full effect after we lost a game by 12 to a top 6 team in a game played in 500mm of rain and when we were missing our coach. After we just won two straight in convincing fashion and played great footy. Get a grip.. It's one game for fucks sake.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed huge overreaction from some kennelers. We did relatively well and it was anyones game. That with the worst debut from Casey and Burton coming off his recent highs and having a shocker. No stress Burton will learn.

Plus sand in his cock wasnt holding the Bluetooth speaker as instructed and thought he could coach magic like potter.

On a side note, if NSW want to win game 3, Mitchell has to be in. They have to suck him off to change his mind, and then drop Burton or Crichton. I dont care who, Mitchell is a must. He showed again today why he is so good. If he fucking does a Jamie Lyon and never plays origin again ill be fucking pissed.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't get that RFM knock on.... was he trying to change hands or something? Could of sworn all he had to do was catch it and fall down for a try.
I was devastated both for the Dogs and also because he's on my fantasy team. Big points dropped plus the game defining moment I believe.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't read any comments. Can someone sum it up? Is Burton back to being overrated and the scapegoat now? Despite the match being played in torrential rain? The week after those that were hammering him all season wanted to sign him up for life and were wanking over his Origin performance?

I can't keep up with the constant overreactions on this forum. It's the most bi-polar place on the Internet
You're correct but this is not something new as you know even better than me.
I had a couple of weeks away from here recently, does wonders just saying..

Last edited:

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We could probably put together a hundred page thread listing all of the dumb things NRL administration do. The particular one that's got me fired up at the moment is the practice of forcing referees to make a decision when they are not in a position to make one. If a referee is not sure whether a try has been scored or not, why can he not simply say so and let the bunker sort it out? Under the current system (if you can call it a system), the referee has to say "yea" or "nay" when he hasn't got a clue, and then the bunker are stuck with that decision unless the evidence is conclusive the other way.

The RFM no-try was more likely a try than not, and the benefit of the doubt is supposed to go to the attacking team. but once it was sent up as no-try, it was never going to be awarded. It should have been referred as a don't-know, and the bunker could then have examined it from all angles and made their decision.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a crappy day yesterday. Weather was atrocious, making for an ugly match, we lost our best forward early and had a kid on debut that really shit the bed.

If you analyse why we lost it is very simple, 3 defensive errors. Even with the aforementioned issues, it came down to 3 poor efforts in D. It's not like they beat us with brilliant plays. That is difficult in those conditions anyway, but it was the simple defensive errors that cost us. Which in itself is disappointing, but easy to fix.

Casey was off his wing, covering Talakai which was necessary because we've seen what that bloke can do one-on-one. They put on a basic backline movement and he didn't cober Mulitalo quick enough. More blame on the inside men for not coming across, but also a debutant being caught out. Their other tries were so basic. Another backline movement. God knows why but JAC was infield again. Why does he do that?! Simple ball on his outide and Katoa? managed to get past him. Should never allow such tries. Then their 3rd was a really poor miss from Burton iirc. Just a forward running straight and he flung an arm out.

While it's disappointing to lose a game that we weren't ready to do the tough and basic stuff right, I'm not jumping off a cliff just yet. A lot of things went against us and we've shown we struggle in the wet. Our evasive guys can't do their thing at their best and Burton's aerial raid isn't as dangerous. I reckon he mustn't be able to get good grip on the ball from his boot when it's soaking wet.

Another big reason we sucked was a poor game by the forwards. Losing TPJ was big. In those conditions you need a strong forward effort. None of our's really stood up. For Sharks, Hynes' organisation really helped them. We were rudderless, which was especially bad since we played on a lake ffs.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH FFS …. Yes we lost the game and that likely means our very slim chance of making finals is gone…

Seriously this place balls after a loss… I usually give it a few days for eveyones negativity to peak and come back down to a manageable level.

Some people seem to forget that Burton is only ~16 games into his first grade Half career. That consistency comes with experience, he has been up for a few games now and been one of our most dominant players on the field.

He will have some down games, lets hope this was one of his few bad ones. Remember when we played Eels and the game Moses
Had. Moses is much more experienced then Burton but still has bad games.

Im sure he will not be happy with his performance and just wants a chance to get back out there and put that one behind him. People saying again he is not a half, has no running game, no vision and scared of contact after one down game is ridiculous. The comment about the pass to Flanno, that was not because he was scared of collision it was because he realised he could not get the kick a decent kick away and looked for support and Flanno was too far away. What Burto should have done was passed it out the back to averillo. I think Flanno and Averillo need to support him more especially when opp players know he will be taking last tackle options, and give him another kick option.

Let’s look all the things that went wrong and that we had to deal with.

1. We had the week off after establishing momentum, we had players that just wanted to get out there and continue playing but had to wait a week because of rep round.

2. We lost our interim coach that most of the players have said has been responsible for getting them to believe in themselves again.

3. We lost a dependable winger in Allen before the game and had to bring a player in that clearly wasnt ready, especially in what was probably the worst conditions all year in any game.

4. We lost our most damaging forward in the first half. Which resulted in a loss of go forward and the other middle forwards rotations were fucked resulting in reduced impact and a softer middle.

5. Lost Casey while it Is not a big a loss as TPJ it meant we had to take another forward out of the middle rotation. Further impacting our middle.

6. Atrocious conditions, while both teams had to deal with it the Sharks handle it better. Turned into an arm wrestle and being down to 15 made it even harder.

7. Our most dominant half didn’t have a good game. I think his kicking game in the conditions suffered. Don’t know if it was if the conditions just put him off, if the ground made it harder to avoid kick pressure or if his confidence in his ball drop was off. Experience in those kind of conditions is the only thing that can prepare him.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bye then the Rabbits on 17th, plenty of time to plan something and rectify,

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The niff nuffs are in full effect after we lost a game by 12 to a top 6 team in a game played in 500mm of rain and when we were missing our coach. After we just won two straight in convincing fashion and played great footy. Get a grip.. It's one game for fucks sake.
Also our squad being very thin at the moment compared to a side like the sharks.. some people literally have no idea honestly

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed huge overreaction from some kennelers. We did relatively well and it was anyones game. That with the worst debut from Casey and Burton coming off his recent highs and having a shocker. No stress Burton will learn.

Plus sand in his cock wasnt holding the Bluetooth speaker as instructed and thought he could coach magic like potter.

On a side note, if NSW want to win game 3, Mitchell has to be in. They have to suck him off to change his mind, and then drop Burton or Crichton. I dont care who, Mitchell is a must. He showed again today why he is so good. If he fucking does a Jamie Lyon and never plays origin again ill be fucking pissed.
Surely they drop S Crichton, I thought he was very ordinary in both games. Whoever they choose to start with, the three players should be Wighton, Burton & Mitchell.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously.

We win a couple of games, it’s all “Give Burton a million” and “We can make the grand final”.

We lose a game in the worst conditions I’ve seen in a while and it’s back to “Burton is a centre” “Lock in the spoon” “Casey is the worst player ever”.

While I’m disappointed with the loss (and Casey’s debut particularly), the conditions were tough out there and every player from both teams struggled.

We’re not making the finals this year, it’s all about building for next year. The team will learn from this and hopefully beat Souths in a couple of weeks.
Bravo mate. Bravo

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Seriously.

We win a couple of games, it’s all “Give Burton a million” and “We can make the grand final”.

We lose a game in the worst conditions I’ve seen in a while and it’s back to “Burton is a centre” “Lock in the spoon” “Casey is the worst player ever”.

While I’m disappointed with the loss (and Casey’s debut particularly), the conditions were tough out there and every player from both teams struggled.

We’re not making the finals this year, it’s all about building for next year. The team will learn from this and hopefully beat Souths in a couple of weeks.
It's totally a fear of missing out. Burton is good but a lot of work to do to be like a Cronk or even Lamb.
He's not worth a million. Cronk, Thurston, Smith. Yea those guys but not Burton.
We won't make finals, we are building to make sure we are competitive each and every year. Next year we will have a better chance for sure

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes people over react a lot but I think we are holding out for hope and will latch onto anything really. Think over the past 4-5 years how bad it’s been. 2022 was the year... panning out very different, now it’s wait for 2023 and 2024..... I can see why fans over react in both directions to be honest, if people didn’t it show no interest in the club.... we care

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was amazed how happy and hopeful the Kennell got after one win, even talking possible finals after 2 wins. If we're that emotionally unhinged (IMO) after a couple of wins you can't be surprised if the opposite happens when we lose. Some of us are optimists, some pessimists and there's plenty in between. If I can't ignore negativity on here and it starts making me feel worse, usually cause it's true-ish, I just stay away for a few days.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not the fact we won, but the style of footy we played, and the fact we competed for the full 80. We went back to the dire Barrett style on saturday. Was it the weather? Not having Potsy there? Or a bit of both? Whatever it was, we were nowhere near the team that won the previous two games. And a lull can happen too. Just because we had consecutive good performances, doesn't mean we'll never have a bad game again. We sucked the other day and hopefully we can get up for our next match.