Stop overreacting

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wenty will always dominate because they are major cheats and and PARA JRFL always turn a blind eye because they are their NSW Cup team.

Rouse Hill has junior coaches like Luke Burt and Nathan Hindmarsh to name a few, also get preferential treatment.

And I won't mention that Brad Arthurs kids both played for Rouse Hill and the preferential treatment dished out by refs for them.

You really don't don't know much about JRLF out this way do you.
I thought Parra parted ways with Wenty?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought Parra parted ways with Wenty?
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....................................................

Clearly @Dogmonster doesn't know as much about junior league in the Parra district as he thinks he does..

Despite what he claims.

Before anyone else says it, YES I am a bitch.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seriously.

We win a couple of games, it’s all “Give Burton a million” and “We can make the grand final”.

We lose a game in the worst conditions I’ve seen in a while and it’s back to “Burton is a centre” “Lock in the spoon” “Casey is the worst player ever”.

While I’m disappointed with the loss (and Casey’s debut particularly), the conditions were tough out there and every player from both teams struggled.

We’re not making the finals this year, it’s all about building for next year. The team will learn from this and hopefully beat Souths in a couple of weeks.
Great post, spot on. If RFM doesn’t drop it over the line when we’re on a roll the whole trajectory of the game changes and anything could have happened. As it is we lost by 12 to a good team in atrocious conditions with our best forward missing for most of the game. It was winnable for sure and a disappointing loss, but hardly cause for some of the reactions on here.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....................................................

Clearly @Dogmonster is clueless about about junior league in the Parra district.

Despite what he claims.
I may be wrong, just could of sworn I heard the footy dad's talking about it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Great post, spot on. If RFM doesn’t drop it over the line when we’re on a roll the whole trajectory of the game changes and anything could have happened. As it is we lost by 12 to a good team in atrocious conditions with our best forward missing for most of the game. It was winnable for sure and a disappointing loss, but hardly cause for some of the reactions on here.
I didn't get that RFM knock on.... was he trying to change hands or something? Could of sworn all he had to do was catch it and fall down for a try.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
PS good luck to both your boys!
Thanks, its a long hard road, there has been many ups and a few downs, politics an injury but persistence has paid off, now a top performer and loved by club he is at, trains with older players in nsw cup now. Still young, long road ahead still, but very dedicated always has been.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks, its a long hard road, there has been many ups and a few downs, politics an injury but persistence has paid off, now a top performer and loved by club he is at, trains with older players in nsw cup now. Still young, long road ahead still, but very dedicated always has been.
My boy is in U10s so he is a few years away from reps (right?)

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Seriously.

We win a couple of games, it’s all “Give Burton a million” and “We can make the grand final”.

We lose a game in the worst conditions I’ve seen in a while and it’s back to “Burton is a centre” “Lock in the spoon” “Casey is the worst player ever”.

While I’m disappointed with the loss (and Casey’s debut particularly), the conditions were tough out there and every player from both teams struggled.

We’re not making the finals this year, it’s all about building for next year. The team will learn from this and hopefully beat Souths in a couple of weeks.
Tells people to stop overreacting but then overreacts the other way

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn't get that RFM knock on.... was he trying to change hands or something? Could of sworn all he had to do was catch it and fall down for a try.
From memory he was swinging around from facing backwards/sideways and just the momentum of that and falling, plus the rain presumably, made him spill his lollies. It was a cracking pass from Burton I think to put him in the hole.

It’s the play we should be putting on in every set in the opposition 20m, RFM runs such a great line if he gets the right fast hard pass. It felt like if he’d scored then we would have gone on with it today, but who knows.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
From memory he was swinging around from facing backwards/sideways and just the momentum of that and falling, plus the rain presumably, made him spill his lollies. It was a cracking pass from Burton I think to put him in the hole.

It’s the play we should be putting on in every set in the opposition 20m, RFM runs such a great line if he gets the right fast hard pass. It felt like if he’d scored then we would have gone on with it today, but who knows.
I've noticed the last 2 pre games Burton and RFM were having chats with a lot of hand directions... definately trying to work out plays together.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My boy is in U10s so he is a few years away from reps (right?)
Mate enjoy it now, because when reps start its pressure for them.
It started in 6th grade, Sydney west which was best Penrith and Parra juniors, they won the whole thing, then it was 2 years of Harold Matt's, and another 2 years Sg Ball, then it will be flegg and so on.
Its great to watch when they are playing well, but enjoy them young years while you can, they come and go quick.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im not 100% on wenty, thought they are parra comp, my boy played in Penrith jrl until now.
I have another nephew who plays for St Marys.

Good Club but the All You Can eat at the club hasn't recovered to what it was before COVID.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've noticed the last 2 pre games Burton and RFM were having chats with a lot of hand directions... definately trying to work out plays together.
Yep, I’ve seen that too.

RFM is a good player and I thought he was one of our best today, but he sometimes looks for the offload too often and he ends up with the ball in one arm pushed up above his shoulder which gives the defence a good look at knocking it out of his grip. If he focused more on line running, especially in the opposition 20m, he would be one of our absolute weapons.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of our shining lights averilo why aren’t we utilising him more?
Rewind back to round one the play where the outside receiver decoys rather than go right passsss back to the sprinting fullback on the inside?
It’s such a great play and avo has speed to burn we don’t try it at all
So sad

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven't read any comments. Can someone sum it up? Is Burton back to being overrated and the scapegoat now? Despite the match being played in torrential rain? The week after those that were hammering him all season wanted to sign him up for life and were wanking over his Origin performance?

I can't keep up with the constant overreactions on this forum. It's the most bi-polar place on the Internet

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Averillo is a gun at the back. Our best again today. I was his biggest critic but he's been super at the back. Even today in a losing side he stood out.
Yeah I've been a huge critic of him as well, as a 7 first and foremost and also for his defence to a much lesser extent. Fair play though, I think he's been very good for us so far at fullback. If he turns out to be our long term 1 then that's great as it means we can focus on getting a top level 7 if and when one becomes available.