Stimson

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to await the coming season without expectations, but with plenty of hope. I haven't seen a lot of Stimson. But it looked like he ran with purpose in the small amount of time I saw him play. I don't know how his preseason will go, but if he earns a starting or bench position I'll judge him on performance.

Plenty of under-rated recruits in the past have thrived with us and moved into the rep arena. Hopefully Stimson becomes another name we can add to the list. Maybe he's not going to hit the same heights as some past recruits, but it's on his own merits. Good luck to him. Hope the six Melbourne fans are asking why their club let him go by the end of next season.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just caught the last 10 min of a replay between storm and titans and Stimson was playing 5/8 And kicking goals , don't know how well he played but it's good to know if one of our halves(foran) gets injured during a game he can cover that position.
Not sure if this has been spoken about already sorry in advance
From what I've of Stimson it's all been good,Bellamy had him playing on the edges similar to chn,and did a very good job,Chris Smith did all that was asked of him,this year and improved with every outing,so our depth will be very good

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've of Stimson it's all been good,Bellamy had him playing on the edges similar to chn,and did a very good job,Chris Smith did all that was asked of him,this year and improved with every outing,so our depth will be very good
I reckon Chris Smith improved from very ordinary to nearly average for a bench player. I doubt he'd make many other NRL 17's and he still needs to improve a lot to be in our 17 next year in IMO. I hope he can improve more, but surely Stimson knocks him (or Elliott) out of the 17, with Jacko moving to the middle.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Smith will go before Elliott. I think DWZ, Jacko, CHN and Foran would all be dropped before a Elliott though.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon Chris Smith improved from very ordinary to nearly average for a bench player. I doubt he'd make many other NRL 17's and he still needs to improve a lot to be in our 17 next year in IMO. I hope he can improve more, but surely Stimson knocks him (or Elliott) out of the 17, with Jacko moving to the middle.
Preseason form will dictate,and answer those questions for all of us,competition is healthy