doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely pay wont be picking c smith or britt in the top 17 unless injuries occur

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris Smith is fucking shit. I don’t get how people rate the guy. It’s cause he is a Dog people become biased and say oh he is good. Chris Smith would not even make the Titans 17
Agreed. We’ve just been used to mediocrity for a few years now

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Chris Smith is fucking shit. I don’t get how people rate the guy. It’s cause he is a Dog people become biased and say oh he is good. Chris Smith would not even make the Titans 17
He’s a squad player at best but you don’t make the NRL if you’re shit

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agreed. We’ve just been used to mediocrity for a few years now
The coach's selections have something to do with that.

Hope it improves with our more settled pre-season and Pay's improved coaching ability to recognise our best 17.

No excuses for picking favs next season...must be our best and talented who are promoted and developed instead.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stimson is coming from a wining team/club, he will walk into our 17 and so he should.
Agree.
I cannot understand the logic behind some comments from people who have never played the game. The staff at the Dogs is second to none.
They are a team of former International players and highly regarded by their peers.
People who get their knowledge from Channel nine footy show are not in the same league. The development is going nicely. They have not rushed in to sign
people willy nilly. We will be successful. Trust the team who are doing the business.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The coach's selections have something to do with that.

Hope it improves with our more settled pre-season and Pay's improved coaching ability to recognise our best 17.

No excuses for picking favs next season...must be our best and talented who are promoted and developed instead.
Wendy for coach!!

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d really like to see with what we have now in the pack.

Napa
Tolman
Chn
Stimson
Jackson

Rfm
To’omaga
Britt
Elliott/sue
Napa is most effective off the bench imo so fingers crossed To’omaga can improve again in 2020 and get a starting spot. I really like RFM as a bench prop also.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Napa is most effective off the bench imo so fingers crossed To’omaga can improve again in 2020 and get a starting spot. I really like RFM as a bench prop also.
In before Britt starting and Napa off the bench.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree.
I cannot understand the logic behind some comments from people who have never played the game. The staff at the Dogs is second to none.
They are a team of former International players and highly regarded by their peers.
People who get their knowledge from Channel nine footy show are not in the same league. The development is going nicely. They have not rushed in to sign
people willy nilly. We will be successful. Trust the team who are doing the business.
I know, but..
a) I'm an impatient bastard, and
b) Elliott

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Georgy Taylforth
At this stage I don't think Stimson makes the 13 (at least at the start of the season). A lot of people will probably disagree with this but I think Smith did a really good job in the Lock rotation and I'd like to see him stay there (that doesn't mean it will happen tho). If we don't run two Hookers Stimson could play 14. Also other people will probably say move Jackson to Lock but I think he's more valuable being our leader playing 80 minutes. If and where Stimson will play is going to be interesting to see. I do think we need to recruit a goal kicker as I don't see Meaney as our long term Winger. I didn't know Stimson kicked goals so if true that could be something (you don't see many Second Rowers kicking goals).

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doubt you leave the storm to come to the dogs to make the bench.

I’m sure he has some sort of guarantee. If you had played valuable mins for a semi final team would you leave (all be it for more money) To a team that hasn’t made the finals for 3 season and be told you’d be starting off the bench.

In my opinion he walks into lock with chn and Jackson as the second rowers.

the bench will be a battle between Britt, Ogden, Elliott, tooamanga, sue, smith, maybe even Lewis or katoa.

In my opinion our pack is solid. Not sure why we would be after another prop when we lack so badly in the outside backs. Also interesting to see why we locked our top 29 in before the preseason even started.
Your kidding??? The Club doesnt make guarantees to entice new recruits. Each player has to earn his spot from what he does in training. All players know this. The team gets picked each week of the season. All the players know that spots are up for grabs.
Stimson looks like a right edge to me. Jacko best suited at lock. Tolman the capt when Jacko off the field. Bench of Tooamaga, Britt, Elliot, RFM.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In before Britt starting and Napa off the bench.
I cant see Britt walking in to be our starting prop?
He will be lucky to make starting 17 unless there are injuries in the offseason (God forbid).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He will be lucky to make starting 17 unless there are injuries in the offseason (God forbid).
I don't have him in our 17 but you never know :kissingheart:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because he looks like the sort of player that Pay loves to have in the side.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on. We need the mobility of both those players, along with Stimson who's got a bit of toe. Renouf looks like a genuine offloader, and RFM looks much more comfortable in the middle. The only thing with RFM is he doesn't seem to have the offload he had a few years ago, which I always thought would be his main attacking weapon. He needs that back cause we'll need points through the middle in 2020 having not improved our spine (fingers still crossed though for a miracle dummy half to appear).

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Cant wait to see him in the Blue & White next year!