Stimson to Super League

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I laugh at these media dumb fucks reporting shit like this like it as a massive loss and making us weaker when this is exactly what we want and makes us stronger.

Too fucking stupid to see it how it really is.
It’s more of a reflection of the really poor state of affairs the Club has been in. Stimson in his defence was an absolute gun for the Storm playing anywhere from 5/8 to hooker with aplomb. He was signed on Pay’s recommendation from his time on the Storm’s NYC coach. The Club screwed up his shoulder surgery rehabilitation & the rest is history. Most important that the coaching & medical staff are sorted out as a priority.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus appears to be on a clear out of any remaining Anderson connections.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get too excited. They get a lot wrong that place.

It's like the UKs equivalent of Brent Read.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That article gave me a laugh. We also lost “major signing” Brent Naden.

Also says he’s only available to clubs with 200,000 pound upwards haha. The salary cap there is 1/3 of ours, as if any club would waste that chunk of their cap on Stimson. He might sign but it would be a very low deal, similar to minimum here.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s more of a reflection of the really poor state of affairs the Club has been in. Stimson in his defence was an absolute gun for the Storm playing anywhere from 5/8 to hooker with aplomb. He was signed on Pay’s recommendation from his time on the Storm’s NYC coach. The Club screwed up his shoulder surgery rehabilitation & the rest is history. Most important that the coaching & medical staff are sorted out as a priority.
I get what you're saying but the best outcome for us is if he moves on.

The storm system while being one of, if not the best, it's very deceiving. Even Meaney and R Smith look decent with them.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank god. What a terrible NRL player.
Obviously he knew he was gone before the game, but being given an opportunity to start in the backrow last week and he only took his first hit up after 30 minutes or something. Seeya

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Oh no!! This is line with the “player walk out” the “innovater” refers to. He’s right Gus is a myth. Hahahahahahahaha

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mid year?
Sorry I should clarify, word is end of the year, he won't be taking up his player option for 23. However if Dockar-Clay can take the starting spot from him, who knows, he might get upset and leave early seeings he sees himself a starter.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

just reminds me of Stimpson, looks very similar to stimpy :tearsofjoy: Just a good fit.!!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The clean out of dead weight continues.. Watch them spin this into "more players walk out on the club in protest to Baz sacking.."
You underestimate them mate. it'll be more like.. ,"Stars Jump From 'Dogs Sinking Ship" or some crap. Isn't it good to be able to have some faith that the club will usually make the right call in recruitment, now Gus is overseeing things? I bet 9/10 signings, releases/unsigned players will be agreeable to all concerned. Since Lord Guseth arrived we have signed Kikau, Mahoney and Sutton. The latter is questionable depending on $. Baz has been pushed/quit or sacked, Naden has jumped, Dufty is on hos way out, and Hetherington and now Sti,son rumoured to be probably gone. Out of all that, the only thing I'm skeptical of is the Sutton signing.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let the clean out begin . Mediocrity has become the Norm at our club. This needs to change and all the duds who simply are just not good enough or worthy to wear the Bulldogs jersey need to be shown the door.
100% correct. We are the mighty Bulldogs ffs! Mediocrity is not in our vocabulary. It says a lot when you've been following the club 30 years like I have, and it's taken up until 2016 for the club to downward spiral. Most fans have been through much worse.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was actually the operation he got from the storm and he actually needed both to be done