Stfu Ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone watch super saturday on fox when the crew were talking about Paulo no try vs the warriors. Did anyone take notice of what our old captain Ennis said? how the try awarded to Moses Mbye vs Panthers was according to him a no try due to the fact he said that Hopa “collected Maloney and James Maloney could not get involved in the tackle which leads to Mbye scoring”.
To anyone who saw that incident in question knows that Ennis is full of shit and talking out of his ass. So much for our “ex captain”.
I have such a dislike for Ennis atm that i hate the fact that they put his face on our heritage jersey last year.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone watch super saturday on fox when the crew were talking about Paulo no try vs the warriors. Did anyone take notice of what our old captain Ennis said? how the try awarded to Moses Mbye vs Panthers was according to him a no try due to the fact he said that Hopa “collected Maloney and James Maloney could not get involved in the tackle which leads to Mbye scoring”.
To anyone who saw that incident in question knows that Ennis is full of shit and talking out of his ass. So much for our “ex captain”.
I have such a dislike for Ennis atm that i hate the fact that they put his face on our heritage jersey last year.
I guess he gets paid for his opinion now so he needs to say what he sees.

To be fair the Sunday footyshow all agreed it was no try either. He has been very outspoken in the past about or coach, team and game play. So I guess what ever gets him headlines.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
That was a questionable decision and we would be spitting chips if the call was against us, and rightfully so.

I thought Browns barge over was a more legitimate try actually. Edwards engages Tolman after he plays the ball and never even looked at Brown.

On what planet do you tackle a player that just played the ball?! Clearly going for a penalty.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are we going to start a new thread every time Ennis says something that a Bulldogs fan doesn't like about our club or something that happens during a dogs game. It's his job to discuss these things.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone has the right to their opinions but I saw the Mbye try in question and even though Hopa did come into contact with Maloney, Maloney was not impeded in making a tackle on Mbye. I agree that the obstruction rule needs clarifying but I am sick and tired of Ennis taking his pot shots at our club when ever he feels the need to remain relevant in his media role. I like Micheal as a player and our captain but I hate the fact that he needs to score points by using our club at every opportunity as his whipping boy.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It absolutely should not have been a try, no idea how anyone thinks otherwise.
Yeah but then again you are Mr Controversy aren't you Marley :grinning: The obstruction rule is floored and needs a complete rewording.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought both incidents over the weekend were tries.

But sticky was bang on, it' a rule nobody seems to understand. I think it' a shit rule in need of an overhaul.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ennis is not going to stfu because his job is to talk

thats like telling an auctioneer to stfu

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There's a simple way to solve all these issues.

Run behind your own player and NOT pull off a runaround... and it's a penalty. SIMPLE.

Or "make contact with a defender and it's a penalty".

The Tolman/Brown one - questionable call as Tolman can't disappear so onus is on the defender to mark up correctly.
The Mbye/Maloney one - the correct decision. An obstruction is only an obstruction if the player is prevented a fair chance of preventing a try. In the replay Maloney got to the try scorer, and it was his poor defence and falling off the tackle that resulted in the try. Therefore regardless of the obstruction, he failed as a defender to wrap the ball up and there is no saying even unobstructed that he wouldn't have tackled the same.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's pretty simple. Hoppa clearly obstructed Maloney, nothing more to it. A defender shouldn't have to push by an attacker to make a tackle.
All credit to Maloney for not doing a milkman but he was never collected / taken out as implied by Ennis or impeded in making the tackle. Common sense won out!!!

Last edited:

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought it was a good point. both were extremely similar yet different outcomes just goes to show the inconsistency from the officials game to game

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All credit to Maloney for not doing a milkman but he was never collected / taken out or impeded in making the tackle. Common sense won out!!!
Common sense? Absolute garbage. It's a clear obstruction, very simple. Hoppa is in the line and makes contact with Maloney and as a result Maloney is clearly obstructed. Why should Maloney have to dodge an attacker that's in the way? Seriously? Hoppa messed up and it's clear no try.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow I think you should take yoga classes or something . That's too much hate for a club legend

Status
Not open for further replies.