News Steven Marsters signs train and trial contract with Bulldogs

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric in the rumours is being shopped. Think Gus saw what the ‘winger’ was on and thought ‘WTF?!’ and is trying to get the cap in some decent balance

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can't play at all, you just get paid to train with the team and potentially earn a playing contract.
Yeh i think this season Dietz was moved into the 30 so he could play FG, but started as a train and trial. Played a few trial matches and went ok.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can he be playing for a contract in the Top 30 if we are already full? Unless he is simply playing for a reserve contract or we will release Katoa but I thought Burns was the replacement for Katoa?
It’s more playing for a contract with reggies and as injuries happen, releases etc you’re signed with the club

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was coming through the grades at St Merge same time as Garrick and couldnt believe they lost both tbh... Garrick obviously kicked... Marsters.. Well..

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Has the ability to be anything or could end up Loko 2.0..... If we can get the best out of him he will be a real asset...

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
96CACF3F-E8AD-4D2E-8277-F935FECE1E1D.jpegThis was spotted in an article filled with former nrl players on trail and trial deals. Saw chris smith has gone to the ponnies on one of these deals. Good luck to him, always played with effort.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
View attachment 32961This was spotted in an article filled with former nrl players on trail and trial deals. Saw chris smith has gone to the ponnies on one of these deals. Good luck to him, always played with effort.
0920916E-AF26-4F1F-94EE-737ADA38FD3A.jpegThought i would share this because seen a few people including myself have trouble with how these deals work.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Under the Andersons we would have signed this guy for 3 years $250k a season.
4th and 5th yr option in his favour and a prese release blaming des for the cap problems to boot.
All typed up on the latest and greatest typewriter on the market and mailed to all the press outlets.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is the "can play nrl after round 11" still applicable in 2022?
I think so because ava was a train and trial but got promoted into the top 30. I think topine and some other guys aren’t in the top 30 yet but steven marsters probably isnt first grade standard but he might impress in trials

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Give Cotric the chance with quality halves , a strong pack and quality speedman around him like fox and dufty and he will prove his worth.
He needs to stop dancing around going sideways. He’s a strong boy so can’t see why he won’t barge his way forward with a strong fend.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He needs to stop dancing around going sideways. He’s a strong boy so can’t see why he won’t barge his way forward with a strong fend.
His dancing side steps can be effective though he played half a season and was our leading tackle buster and line breaker up until our very last game