News STEVE RENOUF

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what he’s a top bloke billy Walters I used to live with him and jack and we regularly hung out with Matt Currie all the broncos sons are mates ivd
Met Renouf and he is a bloody legend sits down for a chat anytime . Absolutely a Legend . Poor lad !

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He remembers it, but can't remember who told him. Or he refuses to name the player.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Pearl... I was not one to like any player who played for the Broncos or Qld but this bloke was an absolute legend and a really talented footy player.
Never any pretense about him and always honest in his interviews.

Watching that video made me sad.....He has probably held that in for many years and as he said he never listened to things on the field but to be positively oblivious to what that acronym meant shows just how really "innocent" he was. Shame on whomever said that to him......

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I was not a fan back in the day because he routinely carved up the Dogs in the 90's, I did meet him a few times as he was doing marketing stuff for the company I worked at. Was a super nice bloke. Also, I used to see him at occasionally at one the local pubs, cause he lived a few suburbs away in the north west Brisbane area.

Looks like there's lots of ingrained cultural issues at the Broncos, but it's just not reported that widely cause that sort of thing isn't in the interest of Rupert and News Corp who have a 69% stake in the Broncos.

FatDogSlim

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That’s bullshit he had to go through that. For him to still hold it in and speak about can see how much it affected him

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Can anyone post the article? I can't read it.

Thanks

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know we dreaded playing against him, help make the mid nineties Bronco's a powerhouse side.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Having to deal with that kind of racism day to day can take it's toll, especially when it comes from your supposed teammates...

For the Pearl to become the champion player he was and great person and role model he is, it's testament to his character.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh no a bunch of QLDers being racist, who would have thought?!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was very young but was very happy when he scored the match winning try against the Dragons to give them another GF loss..