Official STEVE PRICE TO BECOME BULLDOGS' NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF FOOTBALL

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter principle - hope he has a mentor

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since I don't know who the previous Manager of Football was, nor do I really know what they do (manage football lol), I'll have a guess and say "great appointment".

Just because I liked Price at the Dogs and the few times I met him here in NZ he was cool.

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is it obvious?
He lived in QLD (where he’s from) after returning from NZ.
His daughter plays netball for GWS and moved to Sydney, so the family is relocating too - hence he can take on a full-time job in Sydney with the club - not feasible from QLD, which was fine as a Director which are usually quarterly meetings, sometimes phone hookups. I know, having served on a board (unrelated to sport).

Man, the suspicion and negativity on this place is really starting to bug me. Hopefully it changes when we’re winning more games - or maybe then some Kennellers will complain of too much success??
Sorry mate, win lose or draw someone on here will ALWAYS complain.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who cares if Price is GM of football. All good from my end, I have no issues with this. Let’s just hope they appoint 2 new directors on the board to replace Price and Turvey who are actually going to offer something. It might even make the Anderson ticket stronger depending on who they appoint.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who cares if Price is GM of football. All good from my end, I have no issues with this. Let’s just hope they appoint 2 new directors on the board to replace Price and Turvey who are actually going to offer something. It might even make the Anderson ticket stronger depending on who they appoint.
Garry and Graeme Hughes? lol

Reactions: GDR

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Watching retro round Bulldogs v Bears 93 at Belmore on Kayo Sports while reading the article. As I’m reading Lyn Anderson’s quote her name is called out by the ground announcer at BSG during the game on TV!!!! How fkn weird is that. She’s bloody everywhere.

Was that the game we lost from a penalty try? Polla Mounter form memory

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
The people bagging this must be habib dibb plants.

Imagine going back to those dark days

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As long as he stays away from the Pokies and keeps his Warriors shirts at home he should be right.
Good luck Steve.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What do they mean when they say "Former" club legend? Isn't he a club legend anymore???

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like this....

Ultimately, he wanted to be a part of making sure the right change occurred. I know my Dad, as a long-time CEO, would be smiling to see that one of his youngest recruits to this club will now return to help guide it back to the top in line with our famous Bulldogs DNA.“
Nice to meet you Kevin.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Was that the game we lost from a penalty try? Polla Mounter form memory
Yeah it was mate - great memory!
Or did you just watch it on Kayo like I did? ;-)

I don’t remember being there that day, but I was definitely there the day Baa kicked a field goal against Newcastle and we lost 12-11. Baa thought it was 10-all!

Ah the memories, Saturday afternoons with a full house at Belmore with a copy of Big League in hand, people hanging out the doors of the ‘red rattler’ trains as they slowed down to pass Belmore. Life seemed simpler.

Would like to see more of this kind of stuff on TK over all the vitriol. I get we’re all passionate fans and some wear their hearts on their sleeves more than others - especially during the bad times - but that’s no excuse for attacking each other.

Spirited debate all good, but no reason it can’t be respectful. It’s sad to see Dogs fans turning on each other.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Yeah it was mate - great memory!
Or did you just watch it on Kayo like I did? ;-)

I don’t remember being there that day, but I was definitely there the day Baa kicked a field goal against Newcastle and we lost 12-11. Baa thought it was 10-all!

Ah the memories, Saturday afternoons with a full house at Belmore with a copy of Big League in hand, people hanging out the doors of the ‘red rattler’ trains as they slowed down to pass Belmore. Life seemed simpler.

Hahaha I wish, don't have kayo or fox.

I still remember the day, it was my brothers birthday party so I was listening on the radio, I ended up kicking a chair when we lost and knocked over a table, no cake for me that day hahaha.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hahaha I wish, don't have kayo or fox.

I still remember the day, it was my brothers birthday party so I was listening on the radio, I ended up kicking a chair when we lost and knocked over a table, no cake for me that day hahaha.
That 8 point try was the first time I was really angry at a refs decision and to make things worse they missed the first kick so we would have won if it wasn’t a 8 point try. Although I did see a replay of the game a few years ago and it’s a 8 point try for your life haha.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This was also in the days when penalty tries were as rare as rocking horse poo. Not so the case today - have players got dirtier, refs got tougher or something else?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This was also in the days when penalty tries were as rare as rocking horse poo. Not so the case today - have players got dirtier, refs got tougher or something else?
Harrigan was the ref too so any chance of being centre of attention and he would take it.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep remember that day, sitting in the wogstand. I’m sure Luke Goodwin misses a goal from in front. We could of won regardless of that 8 point try

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Felt for him when he missed the GF, good to have him back on board.