Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
News.com.au
March 7, 2019
8.17pm

The NRL is locked in crisis mode as the fallout from the nightmare off-season continues with videos being leaked seemingly every day. This latest interview won’t help their image.

Former Canterbury Bankstown player Steve Mortimer appeared on ABC News to address the plethora of scandals that have plagued the NRL this off-season.

And unlike Luke Lewis who was quick to slam the players as “grubs”, Mortimer said the blame shouldn’t be solely put on the players and pointed the finger at the “young ladies” being filmed.

“When you go out you’ve got to look after each other and rather then try crack onto the girls or whatever, do what you have to do and then go home,” Mortimer said.

“Obviously they’re human beings as well, but look I just think it’s not just the players.

“I think it can also be the young ladies that are looking for a little bit of notice: ‘Oh, I’m being taken out by a certain great rugby league player’ or whatever — I think that’s wrong. I think that’s wrong.”

His statement went down like a lead balloon on social media with the masses quick to slam the former player.

On ABC news Mortimer infers the “girls” are also to blame because “they want to be noticed” for being with an NRL player.. are you F.....g serious ! Yes he said this !!!! Is it any wonder women continue to be completely disrespected/disregarded in our society.

Mortimer said he was shown one of the tapes and couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He said video was “embarrassing” and “should never be shown that way”.

“Today I went and saw a bloke that I absolutely respect in the game of rugby league, and won’t say who he is, but he showed me this on his iPhone and I just could not believe it that they were having sex,” he said.

“I just thought, how embarrassing is that to yourself and it should never be done. Should never be shown that way.

“I don’t know what the answer is to fix it up but I do know that we can – all clubs can do with a lot more ambassadors to settle the players down.”

Rugby league great Steve Mortimer says, while the NRL sex tapes are horrifying, it can also be the 'young ladies who are looking for a little bit of notice' for being taken out by a rugby league player.

Rugby league great Steve Mortimer says, while the NRL sex tapes are horrifying, it can also be the 'young ladies who are looking for a little bit of notice' for being taken out by a rugby league player.

Mortimer’s words come as the league continues to battle the ongoing sex tape scandals that have painted the NRL in an ugly light.

The Penrith Panthers came out swinging in defence of their culture amid the NRL sex tape scandal which has resulted in Tyrone May being charged and stood down.

Just 10 days out from their season opener, the Panthers are a club under siege after the release of four sex tapes over the past week involving three players.

The NRL stood May down indefinitely after he was charged with two counts of recording intimate image without consent, and two counts of disseminate image without consent.

On Thursday, a legal challenge by Jack de Belin was held over in the Federal Court because the NRL had not yet drafted its “no fault” stand down rules.

Effectively, it means de Belin and May are not suspended — however that will change when the NRL signs off on the rules, which is expected to happen in the next 48 hours.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love Turvey and is a club legend but this is just dumb. All he has done is link the club to this and the PC do gooders will jump on it in outrage. As a board member he should know better.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree with him to an extent. However it doesn't excuse the footage being taken and distributed...
Steve needs to learn to shut his mouth for the good of the club.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh fuck Steve...
I'm sure the majority on here will agree with his sentiment, but fuck me... could have said it with his inside voice.
Toddy G will be out tomorrow with another 500k fine for the Doggies.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Always the 'Go to man '

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Steve.... learn to the SHUT THE FUCK UP when asked an opinion on things.

Some journos clearly approached him for comment, and he's just made himself (and the club - due to association as a director), look like absolute JackDeBellends.

This in itself could be enough to force him to stand down as a club director it's that bad.

Classic victim blaming without taking into account an illegal and criminal action has taken place in the first place.

What next Turvey... blaming Dylan Walkers partner for slipping over when he allegedly grabbed her hair? Blaming a woman for letting a player slip over and insert their penis forcefully and without consent into her?

*huge face palm and sigh*

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s not a smart comment to make in the current environment

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The SJW mafia had a field day with this one

Reactions: K E

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
News.com.au
March 7, 2019
8.17pm

The NRL is locked in crisis mode as the fallout from the nightmare off-season continues with videos being leaked seemingly every day. This latest interview won’t help their image.

Former Canterbury Bankstown player Steve Mortimer appeared on ABC News to address the plethora of scandals that have plagued the NRL this off-season.

And unlike Luke Lewis who was quick to slam the players as “grubs”, Mortimer said the blame shouldn’t be solely put on the players and pointed the finger at the “young ladies” being filmed.

“When you go out you’ve got to look after each other and rather then try crack onto the girls or whatever, do what you have to do and then go home,” Mortimer said.

“Obviously they’re human beings as well, but look I just think it’s not just the players.

“I think it can also be the young ladies that are looking for a little bit of notice: ‘Oh, I’m being taken out by a certain great rugby league player’ or whatever — I think that’s wrong. I think that’s wrong.”

His statement went down like a lead balloon on social media with the masses quick to slam the former player.

On ABC news Mortimer infers the “girls” are also to blame because “they want to be noticed” for being with an NRL player.. are you F.....g serious ! Yes he said this !!!! Is it any wonder women continue to be completely disrespected/disregarded in our society.

Mortimer said he was shown one of the tapes and couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He said video was “embarrassing” and “should never be shown that way”.

“Today I went and saw a bloke that I absolutely respect in the game of rugby league, and won’t say who he is, but he showed me this on his iPhone and I just could not believe it that they were having sex,” he said.

“I just thought, how embarrassing is that to yourself and it should never be done. Should never be shown that way.

“I don’t know what the answer is to fix it up but I do know that we can – all clubs can do with a lot more ambassadors to settle the players down.”

Mortimer’s words come as the league continues to battle the ongoing sex tape scandals that have painted the NRL in an ugly light.

The Penrith Panthers came out swinging in defence of their culture amid the NRL sex tape scandal which has resulted in Tyrone May being charged and stood down.

Just 10 days out from their season opener, the Panthers are a club under siege after the release of four sex tapes over the past week involving three players.

The NRL stood May down indefinitely after he was charged with two counts of recording intimate image without consent, and two counts of disseminate image without consent.

On Thursday, a legal challenge by Jack de Belin was held over in the Federal Court because the NRL had not yet drafted its “no fault” stand down rules.

Effectively, it means de Belin and May are not suspended — however that will change when the NRL signs off on the rules, which is expected to happen in the next 48 hours.
News.com.au
March 7, 2019
8.17pm

I can't believe it that's one Cardinal and one Arch Bishop both in trouble over sex scandals in one week,What is the world cumming to.?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s out of touch.. if they kept it recording he’d probably start talking about ww2.

He said ophone for Christ’s sake

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're about to get smashed again *face palm*.
Yep. Just look at Reddit. It pisses me off so much the media just probe old school players because they know they will get the right reaction. They are just leeches. No thought for the game itself, whatever moves tomorrows paper

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has Greenturd begun an investigation into this? I wonder how much the fine will be?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh dear. Turvey just made the whole problem a lot worse!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the whole basis of this scandal is that he made one comment "they're looking for a bit of notice" it's a storm in a teacup. They've taken one sentence in a whole interview and painted devil horns on him. The media won't give context to this so stop villifying a legend.

The timing of this comment was not good. But has anyone questioned if Turvey was led into the statement? The media aren't saints and It's not difficult to manipulate a conversation if you are practiced in the right teqniques. Look at this with some perspective.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol Turvey. Just stop.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This bit I agree with. Girls are out there for attention! Hence my "Girls these days..." thread!