Steve Mortimer + Graeme Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These 2 blokes are good blokes - let there be no mistake about that.

They both hold the key to our future.
Either would make a great CEO.

Steve has already, throughout one of our most turbulent periods.
Did it with a high distinction.

Some have forgotten that.

Graeme's love for our club is no less passionate.
A great player also and astute as well.

We need these blokes side by side now.

Perhaps a joint role.

No single person will ever remove these famous families from our histories nor should they !!

Room must be found for them both - now !!!

Regards,
Russell

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mortimer said he is busy with his business and Hughes didnt even get a seat on the board.

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Perhaps a joint role.

No single person will ever remove these famous families from our histories nor should they !!

Regards,
Russell

these 2 guys are the past...not the future...

CEO is a commercial role. We dont owe ex players...they owe us

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Both are definately passionate about the Dogs.
Personallly I wouldn't mind Gary Hughes coming back with a role around the team, he shouldn't have been sacked over Coffs it wasn't his fault, plus all the players really liked him.
Some of these old heads help teams bond on and off the field, and help build team spirit

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mortimer has ruled himself out and so has Hughes I believe but I agree, they are the past not the future

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graeme Hughes first move would be to resign Corey Hughes on a 400k per year contract, so no

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
haha....

when you take a look at things, all these old school has been players, that have nothing better to do with themselves, are the ones ruining the doggies.

An outsider needs to be CEO

C

chipandchase

Both are definately passionate about the Dogs.
Personallly I wouldn't mind Gary Hughes coming back with a role around the team, he shouldn't have been sacked over Coffs it wasn't his fault, plus all the players really liked him.
Some of these old heads help teams bond on and off the field, and help build team spirit
no bad move, someone totally different with no baggage.
Tunks would be a good move and the board all like him and want to work with him.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
if he gets the media mgr gig, at least we will get more positive coverage on talkin sport..;) I am sure Graeme realises he is not wanted as CEO, however he could add value with his media experience....

A

A_C

How come the sudden change in tune? I could be wrong but you were anti-hughes pro-noad before the AGM meeting.

Andrew Farrar, Paul Dunn and Barry Ward were, like Graeme Hughes, household Bulldog names. I hope they stay that way and believe they will, Regrettably, I think they should now distance themselves well away from Graeme Hughes. To be perfectly honest, to say what I just did was not easy. Graeme was one of my favourite players as a kid. We want harmony, we don't want destabalising elements rocking our boat. Unfortunately, Graeme might believe his motives are true, but in reality, they present nothing but a continual barrage of selfishness. Graeme is great at radio, l listen to him – he should stick to it. No single person is bigger than our proud club and no one ever will be.

olddognewtricks

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mortimer would be the ideal CEO. Nobody could sell the bulldogs brand better than he can....But i cant see it happening, not only because of his business interests but because obviously his departure was pretty sour and i sense theres some tension with Peponis going by that leaked letter...Brad Clyde might make a good ceo...or better still keep it free till Steve Price retires and ship him back :grinning:

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Keep sayin it....STEVE FN WAUGH!!! Luvs the dogs...golden boy in the media...can handle shtloads of pressure....respected by everyone including the Indians! he has the selection criteria nailed for the job...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Perhaps a joint role.

Regards,
Russell
ZZZzzzzzzZZZz......ZZZzzzzzZZzzzzZzz.....ZZZZZZZzzzzzzZzzzZzzz

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All these threads will have no bearing on who becomes our next CEO. I was sad when Mortimer left the post but i don't think he would step back there. Whoever it is i just hope they manage to make things run smoothly on a media level and the side can just get on with playing solid football. I'm over reading about CEO prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.