Steve Mortimer for NSW coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats what Ben Elias just said on the news

Whats are your thoughts?

I think we can all agree Bellamy shouldnt be there next year, so who should replace him?

afghan4life

Beastwood
Reaction score
yea i just heard it on ten news
elias said he should be coach as soon as game 3

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love Turvey to death but he has never coaches FG, hasn't been part of the modern game for years and this is one of the dumbest suggestions I have ever heard.

While he would bring undoubted passion to the boys, he would be well and truly out of his depth and to be honest it's a complete waste of time even discussing such nonsense.

More typical Benny Elias stupidity.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon having him in camp will be good

He can inspire the players. He led NSW to their first series win, fire them up

But coaching is a whole different ball game

D

dogs_4 lyf

Ben did Melinga have any FG experience? ah not sure

As we know with Qld Neil Henry surely does all the tactical work, so with a proper assistant at his disposal i dont mind seeing Turvey getting a shot..

UnderCoverBrother

Kennel Established
Reaction score

As we know with Qld Neil Henry surely does all the tactical work, so with a proper assistant at his disposal i dont mind seeing Turvey getting a shot..
Mal coached Canberra between 97-2001

I said it last night :grinning:, Mortimer with Cartwright and Johns assit coach.

D

dogs_4 lyf

Mal coached Canberra between 97-2001

I said it last night :grinning:, Mortimer with Cartwright and Johns assit coach.
Ah ok thanks for that, for some reason i was lost and wasn't sure :grinning:

But i still think he can do a job as the figurehead/ motivator with a top assistant coach.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Yeah Big Mal coached Canberra for quite a few years.

I don't think Henry does all that much, considering Meninga was a FG coach and has alot of ideas about the game, I think it's Mal's show and he deserves all of the credit fo winning 4 out of 4.

Turvery wouldn't want to be coach, couldn't coach and shouldn't coach.

Having him in camp as part of the team is one thing and would be great, but to suggest that he should coach is laughable IMO.

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I love Turvey to death but he has never coaches FG, hasn't been part of the modern game for years and this is one of the dumbest suggestions I have ever heard.

While he would bring undoubted passion to the boys, he would be well and truly out of his depth and to be honest it's a complete waste of time even discussing such nonsense.

More typical Benny Elias stupidity.
Fatty coached Queensland to a series win & had no experience. But I do know where your coming from it really wouldnt help the blues win.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fatty coached Queensland to a series win & had no experience. But I do know where your coming from it really wouldnt help the blues win.
Yeah he did but footy was alot less proffesional then and alot less technical/intense etc.

It would be great to have past greats in the game more and Fatty was a breath of fresh air. I also think teams try and overanalyse everything and get too technical when things should be alot more simple than they are but I also think and know that the modern game isn't something you can just walk into without having been around it for years.

The game changes year by year so much now that some players, teams and coaches can't handle rules changes from one season to another. And they have been in league for the past however many years.

So how would a guy like Turvey do?

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
warren ryan for coach?, as long as they dont coach at club level i dont care

silva

Utility
Reaction score
what a shocking coach bellamy was. Inside balls mayve worked for the storm but they were an epic fail last night. They only looked dangerous when the spread the ball and they didnt do that enough

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
steve mortimer for assistant coach, not a coach though

selectors: warren ryan, gus gould and peter sterling

coach: ??? if were talking about something of the qld mould picking a former great which was a gamble in Meninga, how bout the man himself Benny Elias? Really if they want someone not coaching atm then there is only Warren Ryan but he is a retired coach and i dont think he has any interest in coaching again. Struggling to think of anyone else who can do the job.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus FTW, but i dont think he will come back. Ricky Stuart was awesome in the past. Stuart, Carty, with people like Blocker, Gillespie, and the Chief in camp with the boys.

C

chepples

Yeah, Mal coached at the Raiders and was terrible. I still remember his little tantrum when he kicked the chair lol
I remember you having an argument with someone crying your head off that this was not the case....

GB Flip

Status
Not open for further replies.