Steve Hansen

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
mate ..i am calm seriously lol but this guy has huge footy experience and we could use his help i am sure unless the signing was indeed bullshit or a placebo :laughing:
Meant what i said though he needs to be on deck with the troops and idgaf about Covid he should be here in blocks of time at least IMO.And is he looking for suitable players for us?? should at least be doing that..
Well let’s see, NZ Government are going to lay out their plans for a travel bubble with Australia on April 6th. If they open a bubble, Hansen needs to be on the first flight over here.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well let’s see, NZ Government are going to lay out their plans for a travel bubble with Australia on April 6th. If they open a bubble, Hansen needs to be on the first flight over here.
100%. It’s clear whatever instructions Barrett and the rest of our coaching staff are giving isn’t sinking in. Hopefully Hansen can have a positive effect on the playing group

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He can't find a good lamb pie around Belmont. The club has tried to get him onto lamb kebabs with no success.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
As mentioned he is head of high performance, will be called upon once we have a couple of high performing players
That goes for the Centre of Excellence as well ,I guess.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s happened to this guy? Have not heard a beep out of him.. no interviews, no sign of him at training nothing zilch... was this just a publicity stunt to generate some interest at the club??

I want to see what magic he can produce because we need all the help we can get at the moment!
Are we meant to see or hear him? Thought his role was to work behind the scenes with the coach and playing group .

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Warburton speaks highly of Trent Barrett. He knows, and says as much, that the players show up every day with a positive attitude because Barrett is the one with the whistle, who has a vision they all buy in to.

“The first thing he does when he introduces a new player is he sits down and shows some key videos about what it means to be a Bulldog,” Warburton explains.

“He speaks about our legacy and creating our path as a Bulldog. He grew up a Bulldogs fan. We need to carve and forge our own way forward as a unit. He’s setting that vision and it’s almost like he’s been at the club for a decade.

“You’d think a rookie coach would skim over that but he has really harnessed nearly 90 years of history.”

For those asking, the above is how Steve Hansen operates, he builds a culture over time, it's not a light switch that is just turned on. That's his primary skill, building a culture that leaves no room for anyone who doesn't buy into it. This is all about TEAM FIRST, with daylight before anything / everything else. Anyone who has read the book The Jersey by Peter Bills will recognise the Hansenisms above.

Go Dogs

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly when I first saw the Steve Hansen stuff hit the papers, I always read it as him being a mentor to Baz in this coaching gig rather than him having any sort of day to day influence at the club.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Warburton speaks highly of Trent Barrett. He knows, and says as much, that the players show up every day with a positive attitude because Barrett is the one with the whistle, who has a vision they all buy in to.

“The first thing he does when he introduces a new player is he sits down and shows some key videos about what it means to be a Bulldog,” Warburton explains.

“He speaks about our legacy and creating our path as a Bulldog. He grew up a Bulldogs fan. We need to carve and forge our own way forward as a unit. He’s setting that vision and it’s almost like he’s been at the club for a decade.

“You’d think a rookie coach would skim over that but he has really harnessed nearly 90 years of history.”

For those asking, the above is how Steve Hansen operates, he builds a culture over time, it's not a light switch that is just turned on. That's his primary skill, building a culture that leaves no room for anyone who doesn't buy into it. This is all about TEAM FIRST, with daylight before anything / everything else. Anyone who has read the book The Jersey by Peter Bills will recognise the Hansenisms above.

Go Dogs
Except if your Adam Elliott and all is forgiven

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bump. I just read today, the Wallabies have hired Hansen as a consultant of some sort in prep for the world cup.

Is he still on the Dogs payroll at all?

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s happened to this guy? Have not heard a beep out of him.. no interviews, no sign of him at training nothing zilch... was this just a publicity stunt to generate some interest at the club??

I want to see what magic he can produce because we need all the help we can get at the moment!
Another who’s receiving a pay cheque to do absolutely fuck all..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My dog could coach the All Blacks to victory.

Sweeping the change rooms did fuck all for us.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s finished up ages ago you clowns. Whinging about nothing you sad sacks
Thank you for the answer.

Was just curious TBH. Hasn't heard his name mentioned for a while in any capacity and then saw a headline re the Wallabies.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he left once Barrett was sacked against his advise. Either that or when Gus came on board.