News Steve Hansen full interview”Stability is important in any bussiness”

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Really good interview, some strong take homes and I think he’s having a very positive impact on the club. His insights are invaluable and will be interesting to see if these can be pulled through over the next couple of years.

**spoiler alert: no mention of facilities or dojo.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wonder if Hansen has caught up with SBW.

Be great if he could arrange for SBW to come over and talk to our Poly boys, especially Renouf.

Reactions: ATT

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Na can’t stand sbw and how he spat in the faces of our club and fans!
I don’t know.

One could argue the club didn’t know how to handle him…couldn’t really give him what he wanted and needed.

Looking at what he eventually achieved, could you blame him for leaving?

I agree, him leaving the way he did was poor. But I wonder if the dogs had their time again, what could they have done to keep him? Imagine he was a one club player - I think instead of taking about Cam Smith and Thurston - we are talking about SBW in the same breath…

If only…

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t know.

One could argue the club didn’t know how to handle him…couldn’t really give him what he wanted and needed.

I agree, him leaving the way he did was poor. But I wonder if the dogs had their time again, what could they have done to keep him? Imagine he was a one club player - I think instead of taking about Cam Smith and Thurston - we are talking about SBW in the same breath…

If only…
Steve Hansen says SBW is the best athlete he's ever worked with and Ritchie McGaw the best union player.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know.

If only…
simple... all SBW had to do was advise the club that he wanted to explore club rugby opportunities in Europe, perhaps play Super 12 Rugby for one of the NZ teams, and try to make the All Blacks team for the World Cup and so, could he be released from his contract --> which is what Greenberg said the club would have done at the end of 2008 on the proviso that any SBW return to the NRL would be with us

now, it is fair enough to say that of course Greenberg would state that the 'Dogs would have let SBW leave to explore more lucrative opportunities in Europe after the fact to the make the club look better and thus, be sceptical... but SBW never asked for a release, he just left... therefore, Greenberg's stated position is unchallenged and should be accepted

people need to also remember that SBW sacked his then agents, the Orr brothers, and went with Khoder Nasser who was not an accredited agent... when that worm Weidler started reporting of SBW's discontent, Greenberg arranged a dinner with SBW who didn't attend and instead sent Anthony Mundine (who had previously refused to move to the 'Dogs in the wake of the Super League War, together with Blacklock labelled Barry Ward a racist after an on field slanging match they started, and orchestrated the Solomon Haumono supposed pussy dash to London just to get him out of his contract with the 'Dogs), his dad and the unaccredited Nasser

anything resolved? no... but the dinner was leaked to the media and the club got dragged thru tabloids again

and when SBW fled, he criticized Folkes for questioning his friendship with Mundine hinting that it was based on race and Danny Weidler went on the then Roast TV show and alleged that the 'Dogs medical staff had lied to SBW about his physical condition to entrap him into signing a long term contract... Dr Hugh Hazard had to come out and deny the allegations AND the club confirmed that the duration of the 5 year contract SBW signed only the previous year with us was HIS idea... he rejected more money a season for 3 years for the security of a 5 year deal

and the truly obnoxious nature of SBW subsequently signing 1 year deals and trusting his ability to keep attracting offers with the media just lapping that sh*t up

the SBW saga potentially could have undermined the game as a whole... the sanctity of contracts was at stake and I could not believe the bullsh*t from some commentators (eg. Phil motherf*+#ing Gould) making the issue solely about player empowerment and maximising their earnings for what is a short professional career was galling... for example, imagine a club decides to sign a player on a big money, long term deal only for the player's form to fall away or to be chronically injured or to be supplanted by another player in the squad --> by SBW's logic and morals, said club should just be able to ignore the contract and throw the player out but was that ever brought up by the punch drunk brigade on Channel 9? no... it was simply Gallop's fault

people also need to remember that the 'Dogs did a lot for SBW... he suffered a season ending injury in 2003 which delayed his FG debut... he missed about two months of football in 2004... he had two major injuries in 2005, one season ending, as well as some sickness he and the other Bling Boys contracted swapping spit or whatever other bodily fluids they enjoyed... when SBW subsequently suffered fractures in his foot/feet, it was questioned in the media (eg. Gorden Tallis) whether SBW was durable enough for the game... the club prioritised SBW over retaining the likes of Asotasi and Nate Myles... they stood by him while he was exposing himself to a STD in that toilet with Candace Falzon etc.

at one point, when SBW was returning to the NRL and he was boxing and there was all this hype around him, I had to read rubbish in the media about Tony Mundine comparing SBW to Muhammad Ali... unbelievable arrogance

SBW is a scumbag and few people have done more damage to our club... f*+# him

Last edited:

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
simple... all SBW had to do was advise the club that he wanted to explore club rugby opportunities in Europe, perhaps play Super 12 Rugby for one of the NZ teams, and try to make the All Blacks team for the World Cup and so, could he be released from his contract --> which is what Greenberg said the club would have done at the end of 2008 on the proviso that any SBW return to the NRL would be with us

now, it is fair enough to say that of course Greenberg would state that the 'Dogs would have let SBW leave to explore more lucrative opportunities in Europe after the fact to the make the club look better and thus, be sceptical... but SBW never asked for a release, he just left... therefore, Greenberg's stated position is unchallenged and should be accepted

people need to also remember that SBW sacked his then agents, the Orr brothers, and went with Khoder Nasser who was not an accredited agent... when that worm Weidler started reporting of SBW's discontent, Greenberg arranged a dinner with SBW who didn't attend and instead sent Anthony Mundine (who had previously refused to move to the 'Dogs in the wake of the Super League War, together with Blacklock labelled Barry Ward a racist after an on field slanging match they started, and orchestrated the Solomon Haumono supposed pussy dash to London just to get him out of his contract with the 'Dogs), his dad and the unaccredited Nasser

anything resolved? no... but the dinner was leaked to the media and the club got dragged thru tabloids again

and when SBW fled, he criticized Folkes for questioning his friendship with Mundine hinting that it was based on race and Danny Weidler went on the then Roast TV show and alleged that the 'Dogs medical staff had lied to SBW about his physical condition to entrap him into signing a long term contract... Dr Hugh Hazard had to come out and deny the allegations AND the club confirmed that the duration of the 5 year contract SBW signed only the previous year with us was HIS idea... he rejected more money a season for 3 years for the security of a 5 year deal

and the truly obnoxious nature of SBW subsequently signing 1 year deals and trusting his ability to keep attracting offers and the media just lapping that sh*t up

the SBW saga potentially could have undermined the game as a whole... the sanctity of contracts was at stake and I could not believe the bullsh*t from some commentators (eg. Phil motherf*+#ing Gould) making the issue solely about player empowerment and maximising their earnings for what is a short professional career was galling... for example, imagine a club decides to sign a player on a big money, long term deal only for the player's form to fall away or to be chronically injured or to be supplanted by another player in the squad --> by SBW's logic and morals, said club should just be able to ignore the contract and throw the player out but was that ever brought up by the punch drunk brigade on Channel 9? no... it was simply Gallop's fault

people also need to remember that the 'Dogs did a lot for SBW... he season ending injury in 2003 which delayed his FG debut... he missed about two months of football in 2004... he had two major injuries in 2005, one season ending, as well as some sickness he and the other Bling Boys contracted swapping spit or whatever other bodily fluids they enjoyed... when SBW subsequently suffered fractures in his foot/feet, it was questioned in the media (eg. Gorden Tallis) whether SBW was durable enough for the game... the club prioritised SBW over retaining the likes of Asotasi and Nate Myles... they stood by him while he was exposing himself to a STD in that toilet with Candace Falzon etc.

at one point, when SBW was returning to the NRL and he was boxing and there was all this hype around him, I had to read rubbish in the media about Tony Mundine comparing SBW to Muhammad Ali... unbelievable arrogance

For how he is commentating on 9
Keep him away from us bloody embarrassment

Thurston could provide shitload of help for us and James Graham they both should be around the club more than SBW ever should be

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good interview, exactly what they need to see wether they are on the right path with how the Bulldogs club is run.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For how he is commentating on 9
Keep him away from us bloody embarrassment

Thurston could provide shitload of help for us and James Graham they both should be around the club more than SBW ever should be
I think James Graham and Michael Ennis would be good to have around the club to impart their passion, professionalism and experience with the club onto the current 'Dogs... normally, I am a big fan of bringing in the best halves mind to consult with our halves but there may be some mixed messaging with Trent Barrett, a former half, as the current head coach

as for SBW, I don't care what he has achieved in Rugby, in boxing, with the Roosters, what others think of him, what could have been, what God he believes in etc... he has all the morals of a street walker

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

and the truly obnoxious nature of SBW subsequently signing 1 year deals and trusting his ability to keep attracting offers with the media just lapping that sh*t up

people also need to remember that the 'Dogs did a lot for SBW... he suffered a season ending injury in 2003 which delayed his FG debut... he missed about two months of football in 2004... he had two major injuries in 2005, one season ending, as well as some sickness he and the other Bling Boys contracted swapping spit or whatever other bodily fluids they enjoyed... when SBW subsequently suffered fractures in his foot/feet, it was questioned in the media (eg. Gorden Tallis) whether SBW was durable enough for the game... the club prioritised SBW over retaining the likes of Asotasi and Nate Myles... they stood by him while he was exposing himself to a STD in that toilet with Candace Falzon etc.

Post of the decade. You are absolutely right. We don't want anything to do with him, Mundine or Nasser & if any of our players do then they can pay the club to release them from their contract with a hefty penalty on top.

Mundine, SOB Williams & co have been nothing but trouble & dragged us through the media. SOB can go forth & multiply!