Steve Folkes passes away aged 59.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Terrible terrible news... Condolences to the family and all those who knew him.

Even Todd Carney has offered condolences..

upload_2018-2-27_18-4-58.png

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
I'm in shock, can't believe this. May he rest in peace and God rest his soul.

My deepest condolences go out to his family all of our club..

Very sad day for our club.

I've always admired and respected Folkesy and hoped one day he'd return to our club in some capacity.

He'll be up there with his father in law Bullfrog and his late wife Karen who also passed away too young.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I'm sitting here with my Mum (60yo : Been going to Belmore since the 60's), and we've been talking about Folkesy.

To properly send him off the right way, she wants Burwood Rd closed off to traffic and a service at Belmore with a train horn salute at the end.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Just hearing the name Steve folkes always made me feel good...!!! A name that just epitomizes greatness and spirit in this club. When things were great and will be again. Thanks for all the good memories illI cherish forever. Rip

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Only last week..for no reason.. I was looking up his stats and some highlights of his on YouTube.. Just amazed at his ability..regardless of his relative size..to have a huge physical impact.. One tough hombre..

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Terrible news. One of the toughest Bulldogs to ever lace a boot.

Ia manuia lou malaga

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This news saddened me deeply. Condolences to the great man's family, friends and the club.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see Willie Mason has posted hus condolences on twitter! Times like these, differences should be put aside.
Yeah I saw Mason’s tweet. He said he learnt a lot from Steve Folkes when he was his coach. Glad to see he’s changed his mind.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sad news. Condolences to his family.

Im sure the players will all have black armbands round 1. Would be cool if all the fans who attend did too.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only last week..for no reason.. I was looking up his stats and some highlights of his on YouTube.. Just amazed at his ability..regardless of his relative size..to have a huge physical impact.. One tough hombre..
There was a post on here about how good of a player he was

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Wondered how on earth does he make it as an 85kg forward.

Question answered when I met him. A real hard arse.

Massive shame he went so early.

RIP.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought he looked after himself, shock news for sure, it was always good to have the man who bought the Harlem globetrotters to Belmore around.
Shame he won't get to see Pays efforts pay off.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Image1519717600.953411.jpg

Watching Fox sport news they interviewed Paul Dunn

I was thinking about the gun players that Folkes brought into first grade ala a young SBW

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fucking gutted... as i young fella i started religiously following footy in 2001. So i havent seen many coaches pass through our club, but hands down he was best for my generation.
Of course being a young lad it was easy being drawn to the Doggies, we were a club on the rise with some hard and talented players along with a couple of exciting cult heroes. But in hindsight this was all thanks to Folkesy, the culture and work ethic he instilled into the club made us tough and feared. We went through some tough times in his tenure and id like to think we held it all together and won the comp against all odds in 2004 thanks to him.
Will be sorely missed by the Doggies family and i really hope they honour him at our 1st official home game (sucks its not at belmore)... also the club should have something stitched above our jerseys / logo in honour of him for the remainder of the season! The club wants to go back to the 'ways of old' then this is our first chance!
Show this Bulldog legend and his family the respect he thoroughly deserves. RIP champion

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
Really sad news. I used to go to his gym at Punchbowl many years ago, still remember him at the reception desk, always available to talk. A very sad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.