Fit as a fiddle too

Goes to show we should appreciate every day above ground

We only get one at bat!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
my 45 year old , cousin died 2 years ago from a multiple heart attack , fit as anyone, no health issues, used to run an hour every morning in the gym, the day he died he was involved in a boot camp in the morning

when your time is , your time is up.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Far out, in shock. Absolute legend, rest easy mate.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Coach of the my youths golden years. Created that 2004 monster pack dogs of war. Scary he died so young

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Sad day for the bulldog family. Every player past and present, official and fan will feel the loss of losing a club legend. A piece of doggy DNA lost . Rip Folkesy.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
my 45 year old , cousin died 2 years ago from a multiple heart attack , fit as anyone, no health issues, used to run an hour every morning in the gym, the day he died he was involved in a boot camp in the morning

when your time is , your time is up.
Was talking to a doctor about this the other day. Was having chest problems so I had some tests done. Turns out my heart is fine but the Doctor was saying that it is becoming a lot more common for young, healthy people to have heart attacks. Apparently it has something to do with pushing themselves too hard or coupling heavy exercise with an unsustainable diet (like many modern Fad diets)

But sometimes it just happens regardless of what you do. All it takes is a blood clot in the artery and it's all over.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Such a pity. Even after everything went down between the club and Folksy I still liked the guy and hoped he would become more involved in the NRL again. He may have been too old school to be a first grade coach but he was still a great conditioning coach and great defensive coach.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Unbelievable.......it puts into perspective how much this true gentlemen gave to our great club. He was part of that fabric in all aspects. Condolences to his Family and friends and to Bulldogs fans in general. May he rest in peace!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was talking to a doctor about this the other day. Was having chest problems so I had some tests done. Turns out my heart is fine but the Doctor was saying that it is becoming a lot more common for young, healthy people to have heart attacks. Apparently it has something to do with pushing themselves too hard or coupling heavy exercise with an unsustainable diet (like many modern Fad diets)

But sometimes it just happens regardless of what you do. All it takes is a blood clot in the artery and it's all over.
yep, a heart attack can happen without any reason no matter how fit you are or how clean your blood vessel may be

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
R.I.P Folksey, thanks for the memories.

All the best to his family.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
RIP Folkesy. A sad day indeed for the club. Legend as a player and our last premiership winning coach.

I heard in the background of the news they said Steve passed away, I didn't hear the surname so went onto a news website and couldn't believe my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.