Rumour Stephen Crichton signs ????

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't read much into that considering the source, but it seems inevitable that we sign him eventually. Hopefully if we do, it isn't for crazy money and he reaches his potential with us otherwise it could end up being a bad contract..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One of the main positions is that of fullback. The Bulldogs need a top grade fullback. The incumbent is not shaping up and he needs to be replaced.
Crichton has played fullback in the past and just needs to be given the chance to succeed.
He is a magnificent athlete and I am sure he will be a magnificent fullback. The only caveat on his signing is his asking price.
We do not want to break the bank.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of the main positions is that of fullback. The Bulldogs need a top grade fullback. The incumbent is not shaping up and he needs to be replaced.
Crichton has played fullback in the past and just needs to be given the chance to succeed.
He is a magnificent athlete and I am sure he will be a magnificent fullback. The only caveat on his signing is his asking price.
We do not want to break the bank.
If we were to sign him at 800k, that would only be about 6.5% of our cap which isn't too bad for a spine player

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we were to sign him at 800k, that would only be about 6.5% of our cap which isn't too bad for a spine player
No brainer at 800k. He's been the most obvious signing we could make for over 6 months now. Hard to see him not being here in 2024 regardless what's coming out in the media. Panther would have to pay significant overs and Crichton would have to be content playing centre, both I don't think are the case.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No brainer at 800k. He's been the most obvious signing we could make for over 6 months now. Hard to see him not being here in 2024 regardless what's coming out in the media.
Panthers will offer similar, its just a matter of how bad he wants to play fullback i guess

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The rumours are really strong of late and they’ve been around since CC was signed, I’m going to call it genuine based on sheer weight of smoke regarding this acquisition

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He is on 600 now, i read somewhere they were going to or had offered him 750k
When you consider 25% cap increase 600k is 750k…

Problem for panthers is guys like cleary would be having ratchet clause and on massive $ (way more than any of our guys lol)

Then throw in guys like yeo and fisher Harris Luai and edwards etc who would be wanting big upgrades or already have clauses.

Then you got guys like to’o who no doubt just got a big bump.

Throw in the up and comers like tago and may etc who all going to want more and it’s why they will continue to bleed players.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you consider 25% cap increase 600k is 750k…

Problem for panthers is guys like cleary would be having ratchet clause and on massive $ (way more than any of our guys lol)

Then throw in guys like yeo and fisher Harris Luai and edwards etc who would be wanting big upgrades or already have clauses.

Then you got guys like to’o who no doubt just got a big bump.

Throw in the up and comers like tago and may etc who all going to want more and it’s why they will continue to bleed players.
True, but they do have a production line of player to choose from, so they can afford to let players go.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No brainer at 800k. He's been the most obvious signing we could make for over 6 months now. Hard to see him not being here in 2024 regardless what's coming out in the media. Panther would have to pay significant overs and Crichton would have to be content playing centre, both I don't think are the case.
I would say a quality number 7 and a proven NRL prop are more obvious needs.

I still hold hopes we may be able to fill the fullback position in house.

I'm not sold on the fact that Crichton wants to exclusively play fullback, i think it's paper talk .... his utility value is his best asset and prices him above other centers.

If we were to sign him i doubt he spits the dummy if selected at center cause Jake is killing it at fullback.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The rumours are really strong of late and they’ve been around since CC was signed, I’m going to call it genuine based on sheer weight of smoke regarding this acquisition
Was that a session on the durries or the weed?

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the lack of denial from Gus. I would say it’s a yes.

Big game player. Potential is through the roof. Reminds me of latrell when latrell was playing centres for roosters

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

I'm not sold on the fact that Crichton wants to exclusively play fullback, i think it's paper talk .... his utility value is his best asset and prices him above other centers.

If we were to sign him i doubt he spits the dummy if selected at center cause Jake is killing it at fullback.
If and when he comes he is playing fullback

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

only 2 7's available in Moses and Williams. Moses very hard/impossible to get done. A big gap between him and Williams too. We have enough salary cap space for both anyways. 0% chance he's centre here.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
only 2 7's available in Moses and Williams. Moses very hard/impossible to get done. A big gap between him and Williams too. We have enough salary cap space for both anyways. 0% chance he's centre here.
Is Williams available now? I thought he was contacted till the end of 2024 and the CEO of Warrington has said he won't be released early