Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Crichton
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Alamoti
5. Addo-Carr
Pretty good, but all powerful runners / speed and no ball playing

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think any of the talk over the last few weeks about SC have just been rubbish. If it did indeed come from SC's management, it would have been to squeeze the last few dollars out of the opportunity. If he has indeed signed with the dogs, I expect that Gus was not tempted by his management's shenanigans.

I am hoping that it was at a good price, and that we did not overpay for him. If what has been said about FB for 2023 and that Perham is outscoring Jake, it probably shows that Jake just didn't have it in him, and we needed to make a move for someone.

Fingers crossed and I hope this does not blow up in our faces.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Damn was hoping he’d stay. If he’s signed to us it’s potentially 2 seasons (23&24) of inexperienced and unproven players at fullback. Also with the figures rumoured overpaying for an unproven fullback.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also how do we know he’ll be overpayed? Listening to the guru it’s more the fact he wasn’t offered anything at all that pissed him off.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
While mixed emotions it comes down to trusting Gus and CC know what they doing.

Another thing in the back of my head is Crichton is only 22! Worst case he doesn’t nail fullback. He goes back to an edge of burton, kikau, Crichton Jac.. and hope that kid we rate so highly coming through is as good as hyped for fullback…

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is it confirmed he is coming to us yet? For all we know, he could be the Dolphins first marquee signing...

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What’s this mean for Joash Papalii? I see him coming into first grade in the next few years and killing it, that’s it another club doesn’t now take him off us.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What’s this mean for Joash Papalii? I see him coming into first grade in the next few years and killing it, that’s it another club doesn’t now take him off us.
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
While mixed emotions it comes down to trusting Gus and CC know what they doing.

Another thing in the back of my head is Crichton is only 22! Worst case he doesn’t nail fullback. He goes back to an edge of burton, kikau, Crichton Jac.. and hope that kid we rate so highly coming through is as good as hyped for fullback…
But then that means either Xerri or Alomati moves from centre. Basically puts a nail in the coffin for Kiraz at centre now for anyone that wanted him there, Skelton also.