Stephen Crichton’s contract standoff costs Penrith a pretty penny

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Panthers are going to need to fork out around 700k for Luai too. I think he should of been priority over Crichton. There were clubs reportedly willing to pay 900k for Hughes. If/when the clubs miss out on Hughes, Luai's in that same category. The Panthers are going to lose all of their depth and not be as strong across the 13 in years to come when other players contracts run down. They can develop all the players they want, but they're not going to be able to re-sign them with competition. They won't have the salary cap space to compete.
having lost Burton to us from next year on, Luai most definitely has to be a priority for the Panthers but they have probably low balled him thus far having heard him proclaim that he wants to remain a Panther for life

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I saw a Roosters fan claim they were signing him, moving Manu to 5/8 and Keary to 7 lol.

Roosters have Manu, Morris, Smith, Suaalii and whoever else they pinch from other clubs juniors...not sure why they would go hard after Crichton?
chrighton is a freak thats why, the morris boys are retiring next year dont forget.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
"Luai is now set to sign a three-year extension with Penrith that will equate to $725,000-per-season, keeping him at the club until the end of 2024." - ZeroTackle

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Penrith were never going to let him go, he is a freak

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It will be interesting to hear what he finally signed for(should it come out) between him, Luai & Jr they have huge money tied up in the backs going forward....
Cleary is trying to copy Barrett.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be interesting to hear what he finally signed for(should it come out) between him, Luai & Jr they have huge money tied up in the backs going forward....
725 to 750k a year

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As arrogant as Cleary is, I'm glad to see them re-sign most of their best prospects that they developed.

However I think this will ultimately lead to them losing other youngsters (like Burton) and good established players because of cap issues.

I can see Penrith having an average season as they'll have a target on their backs and a lot of these players will have a lot more pressure on them.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not just him but the five others which they are in process of upgrading this year. Their cap is going to be pretty skinny even though they have move on players some of which they are have to going to pay.

Other than the upgrade they still have fill 4 roster spot which are going be players near Min.

They may have good starting side but a coupe of injuries or suspensions they're going to screwed. That that the main reason I don't see them releasing Burton.

Cos for all the hype having great jrs they will lack any real depth esp forwards.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not just him but the five others which they are in process of upgrading this year. Their cap is going to be pretty skinny even though they have move on players some of which they are have to going to pay.

Other than the upgrade they still have fill 4 roster spot which are going be players near Min.

They may have good starting side but a coupe of injuries or suspensions they're going to screwed. That that the main reason I don't see them releasing Burton.

Cos for all the hype having great jrs they will lack any real depth esp forwards.
I suppose the Panthers can take that risk with the amount for quality kids they have that continually come through,but you're right about their middle forwards...defenitely lacking a body or two to cover for injury/suspension.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

they will have to adopt the storm structure in having a core spine, fisher harris and then some juniors and journeymen

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's great to see a rival club having to pay overs to keep their local talent :grinning:

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see $650k as being "overs" for Crichton, it's about the right amount based on his value to their team. If he continues on his current path, in 2 years it will be $800k.

Go Dogs
2.2 million over 3 years and plus upgrade deal for this season 250k extra