Official State of Origin - NSW v QLD - Game Discussion Thread

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yep, very possible.

Mostly, I just hope we win game 2 so it goes to a decider in Sydney.
I'm not really that fussed about iorigin, but it would be nive if we could take it to a decider at very least. On the bright side, if we lose 3-0 Twitler might get the old heave ho. The dude is pretty clueless.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Every year, QLD kick the ball to grass where there isn't anyone. Every year NSW kick it straight to the FB on the full. Every year.

Every year, QLD sprint up in defence (I'm sure their offside but camera doesn't show it). Every year, NSW jogs up. Every year.

Every year, QLD give more of a fuck about the game than NSW. Every year.
Spot on

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nothing a couple of needles cant fix.

The bloke is an extra forward in the team.

Considering QLD's kicking game is always on song in Origin, you need those big powerful bodies returning the ball and trying to kick start some momentum.

NSW were always going to lose when that spastic Walker came out with his no aussie anthem stance. Dumbcunt of the highest order. Throw in Fitlers cock slapping beach walks with yoga and meditation thrown in for good measure, and that was reassurance that their heads were anywhere but at Suncorp

Who the fark chooses an ex-crackhead to coach your state?
Talking about a player who doesnt look right, Boyd Cordner should be in a nursing home.

He has done sfa for the roosters and was nowhere to be seen last night. His time is up for Origin
True, though I wouldn't be surprised if he's already playing needled up tbh. I'm ready to dump him from my SC team in his current state lol.

Cordner is fucked, doubt he will last that many more years playing, absolutely destroyed his body. From memory he suffers from something but I can't recall what it is.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’d probably make a lot of sense to bring Keary in to fix that left side defence given he defends next to latrell every week. I also don’t see what Cleary does better than Adam Reynolds. Pearce and Maloney are better options also

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Did the sex tape have a bearing on the game.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No to Mitchell, Addo-Carr and Wighton.

Yes to Jarrod Croker, Blake Ferguson, and Nick Coctric.

If Mitchell and/or JAC play, we get towelled up in straight sets by Qld.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
klemmer ruled out for 3-6 weeks with a wrist/hand fracture. Would love to see dale funicane get a go, surely its time

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here is the link about Klemmer.

New South Wales have copped a huge blow leading into game two with star prop David Klemmer suffering a fractured wrist in the first game of the series.

He is set to miss between four and six weeks.

Klemmer fractured a small bone in his hand and sustained ligament damage during the Blues 18-14 loss to Queensland at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday night.

The Knights have confirmed the injury is being braced and will be further reviewed early next week.

“We are all shattered for him,” Knights CEO Phil Gardner told The Newcastle Herald.

“He has been simply outstanding for us this season and he showed his courage by playing with it without knowing on Wednesday night against the Maroons.

“From the club’s point of view, it’s extremely disappointing but it’s a tough game and unfortunately, these things happen.”

Klemmer put in a typically mammoth performance for the Blues on Wednesday night, making 147 metres and 24 tackles in 52 minutes.

The 25-year-old is averaging 171 metres and 30 tackles for the Knights this season as they look to make a return to finals football.

Sitting insider the top four, the Knights will play the Rabbitohs on Friday night missing Klemmer and fellow Origin star, Kalyn Ponga, who has been rested.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...n/news-story/ed71e7519dc61df9e53cdb337db9220a

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here is the link about Klemmer.

New South Wales have copped a huge blow leading into game two with star prop David Klemmer suffering a fractured wrist in the first game of the series.

He is set to miss between four and six weeks.

Klemmer fractured a small bone in his hand and sustained ligament damage during the Blues 18-14 loss to Queensland at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday night.

The Knights have confirmed the injury is being braced and will be further reviewed early next week.

“We are all shattered for him,” Knights CEO Phil Gardner told The Newcastle Herald.

“He has been simply outstanding for us this season and he showed his courage by playing with it without knowing on Wednesday night against the Maroons.

“From the club’s point of view, it’s extremely disappointing but it’s a tough game and unfortunately, these things happen.”

Klemmer put in a typically mammoth performance for the Blues on Wednesday night, making 147 metres and 24 tackles in 52 minutes.

The 25-year-old is averaging 171 metres and 30 tackles for the Knights this season as they look to make a return to finals football.

Sitting insider the top four, the Knights will play the Rabbitohs on Friday night missing Klemmer and fellow Origin star, Kalyn Ponga, who has been rested.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...n/news-story/ed71e7519dc61df9e53cdb337db9220a
That explains why he never came back on the field.

Also Cordner injured his foot.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whoever they pick, Mitchell, Crichton, Walker and Cleary must never be seen again in origin.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way our fucking second rowers are going if there not 100% fit.
Put murray and jake turbo in the back row with finucane at lock.
Then u will see some hunger and solid defence.
How finucane has not been playing origin for a few years now is beyond me.
Hes the first bloke queensland would pick. But not us we want poster boy forwards, or broken ones.