State of Origin Game 3 - Teams and Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ash Taylor should have been 7

Kev has lost the plot and playing Arrow up front lol
Wallace has been pathetic in fact how Ofhengahwe isn’t in the side is a joke. Reality is McGuire will play as the prop anyway he basically does that anyway. Arrow should be the lock.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To put simply Taylor has to get better at being consistent. We’ve seen a good month from him, we’ve also seen a terrible first month from him. He will get there but he’s not there yet. Another 12-15 NRL games and you have an even better halfback. Also probably needs to work on being smarter with his options- high risk options at Origin level are usually not what is needed. Again he’s getting better at that but give him 12 months. Give him the experience in the Emerging Marroons side at the end of the season.

Ponga should have probably been picked over picking Morgan but Morgan actually had a really good game in SOO1- albeit I don’t rate Morgan at all. The issue in game 1 was picking useless Milford who was in horrible form.
Totally agree about Milford as for the rest of it in the wash up
It won’t matter much with DCE at half no ponga no GI no Napa and leaving Hess and Wallace in the side NSW are going to tear us a new arsehole

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Totally agree about Milford as for the rest of it in the wash up
It won’t matter much with DCE at half no ponga no GI no Napa and leaving Hess and Wallace in the side NSW are going to tear us a new arsehole
Wallace is the one I have issues with. Honestly he is terrible. I'm sorry but what does he actually do? Gets smashed in the tackle, doesn't make metres and isn't fantastic defensively. Could have blooded Ofhenghawe there. Hess I can understand to a degree he's in awful form though. At least Hess has impact, which is more than Wallace has.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deep down they will. And then when the Blues go on a roll racking up origin series wins what will they say then.
Realistically with such a young talented side we have the blues should be aiming at sweeping this series and next year too, I think 6 games straight would make up for a few years of hell we have had to endure as blues supporters! 3-0 this year and next come on boys fuk those queenslanders!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Come on champ, you know you wouldn't want DCE in your side IF you weren't desperate?

I also take your point, we continually selected Pearce over and over again.
Pearce will NEVER see and Origin jersey again!

0/6.

Clearly gets it on his first attempt :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I will be surprised if NSW don't absolutely put this QLD squad to the sword.

NSW by 12

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I’d love to see a NSW clean sweep, I firmly believe that QLD will be winning game 3 & do it quite easily. They will play football and despite a new look side, have a lot of points in them.
The blues have promised to lift the shackles but it might play into the Maroons hands. They will be hell bent on sending Slater out a winner & will have an edge in intensity.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pearce will NEVER see and Origin jersey again!

0/6.

Clearly gets it on his first attempt :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
True my man...but...Cleary faced no Cronk, Smith, Thurston..and a busted Slater.. Some big losses!

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
:hearteyes::hearteyes: the way Klemmer charged past JDB onto the field

#beastmode

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Proud of our two tully boys that stared in the 20s win Jake Clifford and Thomas Flegler two boys we will hear a lot of in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.