State of Origin Game 3 - Teams and Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah Walters has had a brain explosion Taylor was our only real option DCE will fold like a taco as per usual NSW will clean sweep with a big win
Good move by Walters. If QLD lose he can use DCE as a scape goat, dump him again next year, and spare the wider squad any blame.

;)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
3-0 incoming... killer blow dealt in the home state too!

Qlders will be all like "meh big deal we won like 10,000 origins in a row... we don't care about it anymore".

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, i thought Taylor was a easy choice. And i really thought DCE was outted by the maroons. Maybe now because the older playing group is gone who didn't take to him too well because of his attitude is why he got recalled. Anyway, having him there will help us Blues.
Yes,yes it will

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
3-0 incoming... killer blow dealt in the home state too!

Qlders will be all like "meh big deal we won like 10,000 origins in a row... we don't care about it anymore".
Deep down they will. And then when the Blues go on a roll racking up origin series wins what will they say then.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Deep down they will. And then when the Blues go on a roll racking up origin series wins what will they say then.
"We've won enough Origins, it's a shit game, lets can it and replace it with a mini world cup mid season... the game is bigger than NSW and Qld and thus we don't need origin anymore."

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good move by Walters. If QLD lose he can use DCE as a scape goat, dump him again next year, and spare the wider squad any blame.

;)
This is what I thought of exactly when I saw that he got named. Then next year he brings in Ashley Taylor

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol “loyalty”.

The loyalty angle was always bullshit. The 4 players would have made it onto any team cause they were class. That’s why they were picked not cause of some bullshit loyalty.

As soon as things go pear shaped, Queensland wilt also.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would rather hunt tbh
I'd rather DCE this year. Hunt in big moments just is awful! He's already lost a Grand Final and an Origin with his ineptness.

Taylor isn't ready, 2019 and beyond is when he'll get his chance.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd rather DCE this year. Hunt in big moments just is awful! He's already lost a Grand Final and an Origin with his ineptness.

Taylor isn't ready, 2019 and beyond is when he'll get his chance.
Are you the bloke that also told me that ponga wasn’t ready for origin??

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you the bloke that also told me that ponga wasn’t ready for origin??
I said he wasn't ready for game 1, I maintain that. However at the time I was assuming Slater was fit. My point was with Slater in the side I didn't see the point. If you play Ponga you want him on the field the whole game or close to it.

It's a moot point as he will be the fullback next year. So long as Morgan doesn't return to a starting spot I'll be happy. Taylor to half, Ponga to FB, hopefully ship Chambers off to the "never ever again" category, and we can build from there. Get rid of Jarrod Wallace too, Jai Arrow should have been starting in game 1!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I said he wasn't ready for game 1, I maintain that. However at the time I was assuming Slater was fit. My point was with Slater in the side I didn't see the point. If you play Ponga you want him on the field the whole game or close to it.

It's a moot point as he will be the fullback next year. So long as Morgan doesn't return to a starting spot I'll be happy. Taylor to half, Ponga to FB, hopefully ship Chambers off to the "never ever again" category, and we can build from there. Get rid of Jarrod Wallace too, Jai Arrow should have been starting in game 1!
So he wasn’t ready for fullback in game one with an injured slater but he was ready for origin two at lock with slater on the field lol
And game three of a series we have already lost wouldn’t be THE perfect time to blood Taylor??..........I must be missing something

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So he wasn’t ready for fullback in game one with an injured slater but he was ready for origin two at lock with slater on the field lol
And game three of a series we have already lost wouldn’t be THE perfect time to blood Taylor??..........I must be missing something
My view is Taylor is at least 12 months away. I rate the kid but let’s not rush him. Let’s play him when he’s ready.

I would have played Ponga when Slater was injured actually but I’ve maintained my stance in that he’s a fullback and I’d rather him be in that position. Putting a young kid in a foreign position will usually end one way and not a good way.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So what does Taylor have to work in the next twelve months? His game management? His short kicking game? His long kicking game? His defence? And as for pressure did you read what I said about a dead rubber?

The point I made about ponger in our previous conversation was that he was ready for origin no matter where he played or how they played him because he is not the USUAL kid that comes into origin............I believe he may have proven me somewhat correct

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ash Taylor should have been 7

Kev has lost the plot and playing Arrow up front lol
Yep I was fucking gobsmacked but at least the nsw pack will run a shitload of traffic at DCEand end his origin career forever

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think the fact Titans are choking down the bottom of the ladder is why Taylor won't get picked. Not that it should be a factor.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what does Taylor have to work in the next twelve months? His game management? His short kicking game? His long kicking game? His defence? And as for pressure did you read what I said about a dead rubber?

The point I made about ponger in our previous conversation was that he was ready for origin no matter where he played or how they played him because he is not the USUAL kid that comes into origin............I believe he may have proven me somewhat correct
To put simply Taylor has to get better at being consistent. We’ve seen a good month from him, we’ve also seen a terrible first month from him. He will get there but he’s not there yet. Another 12-15 NRL games and you have an even better halfback. Also probably needs to work on being smarter with his options- high risk options at Origin level are usually not what is needed. Again he’s getting better at that but give him 12 months. Give him the experience in the Emerging Marroons side at the end of the season.

Ponga should have probably been picked over picking Morgan but Morgan actually had a really good game in SOO1- albeit I don’t rate Morgan at all. The issue in game 1 was picking useless Milford who was in horrible form.

Status
Not open for further replies.