State of Origin Game 3 - Teams and Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Turned the telly off as soon as the game finished... now reading that billy slater won player of the series, wow. Then obviously there are dead rubbers even though all the talk was that there isn’t!! Obviously not the best player of the series and only won it because it’s his last series... couldn’t believe in the lead up some people were saying he “deserves” to win.. wtf... no one deserves shit, they owe the game if anything... far out
Agree. NSW deserved to have a player of the series.

*NSW won game 1 with something to spare with a hostile Melbourne crowd (Slater did not play)
*NSW closed out the series at home (Slater Played)
*NSW defended set after set on their line and only lost by a converted try. Silly mistakes, including the blind AF touch judge ruling a ball went out when it did not giving QLD the ball back in attacking territory.

I don't give a fuck, QLD lost, NSW won. That's what history will tell.

Malla

Reaction score
Crichton should never wear a blues jersey again....neither should Roberts.
Apart from speed, Roberts offers nothing and is a turnstile in defence.
Put Tommy Turbo in the centres and Cotric on the wing or vice versa...doesn't matter.
One more thing that was confirmed tonight and that is that Gerrard Sutton is the worst referee in the NRL by a country mile as are his two blind mice with the flags....

Now, let the Billy Slater cock sucking continue.....
He actually defended well game 3 ... what were you watching? However I agree Crichton was piss poor and yes Sutton is absolute garbage he blows the pea out of the whistle and has no feel for the game but wants to be revered for knowing the whole rule book off by heart

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He actually defended well game 3 ... what were you watching? However I agree Crichton was piss poor and yes Sutton is absolute garbage he blows the pea out of the whistle and has no feel for the game but wants to be revered for knowing the whole rule book off by heart
Roberts was brought in for his attack and there was no Inglis to give him a bath yet still struggled...

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think NSW lost due to being unable to complete sets in 2nd half. How many times did they go for the big risky play and lose the ball instead of getting to the 5th and kicking and putting pressure on Queensland? Wouldn't Fittler have emphasized this at halftime? Seems fairly basic. NSW seemed to be forever working the ball out of their own 20 metres. Sims dumb penalty didn't help and why did Klemmer think it would be a good idea to trip an opposition player with a try on. Having said all that Queensland defended well and played the more sensible football and deserved to win. I think in the end Queensland wanted to win more. I dont think NSW approached the game with enough respect.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why couldn't they string passes together in game three, a good side has the luxury of good forwards while being able to look for overlaps out wide..
I think the defense in the first half burned them out.
The Bulldogs to make Cook an offer.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Laurie Daley was part of the panel who selected slater as man of the series. What a clueless inbred looking dickhead. No wonder NSW had no success under his tenure. Apart from 2014 when QLD had players out. What a fukn big nose clown.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Andrew Mccullough is the Michael Lichaa of SOO, offered absolutely nothing

Oath... I predicted pre Origin that he wouldn't offer much and he didn't let me down

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a poor finish to the series for NSW as a result of a very dumb second half... some of my thoughts:

* Fittler should have picked a bigger side for Game III... we were struggling with yardage for the whole series and we had no recognised prop on the bench for Game III
* Cleary has a big future ahead of him but he is still limited as a halfback when it comes to directing play and controlling tempo... that said, he has good temperament and is a willing worker on the field and in defence
* i was sceptical about NSW's outside backs as i thought they lacked defensive grit and experience but i thought they did well
* Maloney for all the good things he does can still make bonehead plays... i will be curious to see whether NSW can unearth a halves partner for Cleary in the not-too-distant future
* DCE was good in his return and the fight for the Maroons no. 7 jersey next year is going to something between DCE, Hunt and Ash Taylor
* NSW need to be smart about the success this year and not - as they always do - become arrogant and complacent... yes, the likes of Slater, Smith, Cronk, Thurston and Scott are gone but QLD have the makings of another great rep generation with Ponga at fullback, the likes of Morgan, Munster and Milford at 6, and Taylor, DCE and Hunt at 7

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Oath... I predicted pre Origin that he wouldn't offer much and he didn't let me down
This whole series he has been woeful. When Hunt went in at dummy half I thought he was't great but at least he was getting out and trying stuff, Mccullough was just pass, pass and then run but when it wasn't on. I don't even go for QLD ahahah

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The Wally Lewis medal is decided by majority and voted on by Mal Meninga, Darren Lockyer and Laurie Daley.

Say no more as to why a Qlder got it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How come Freddy doesn’t wear the team colours Mr too cool in Black casual guy lol

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Wally Lewis medal is decided by majority and voted on by Mal Meninga, Darren Lockyer and Laurie Daley.

Say no more as to why a Qlder got it.
They are “happy with the result” and it’s an independent 4-3-2-1 voting system..... and they are happy with the result.... are these dumbasses that thick? The system is broken if a player that wasn’t the best player in any game wins....

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Did anyone else feel Klemmer played well below his standards last night? I know you have to consider it in the context of the mountain of defence the side had to do. But I didn't feel he had his usual impact at the line, and his trip in the second half was idiotic and gave away a potential try scoring opportunity for us.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion here.. thought Klemmer was pretty shit across the entire series.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did anyone else feel Klemmer played well below his standards last night? I know you have to consider it in the context of the mountain of defence the side had to do. But I didn't feel he had his usual impact at the line, and his trip in the second half was idiotic and gave away a potential try scoring opportunity for us.
Get out of my brain

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Tries: Tedesco 2, Slater 1
Try Assists: Tedesco 2, Slater 0
Runs: Tedesco 54, Slater 30
Run Meters: Tedesco 484, Slater 254
Tackle Breaks: Tedesco 21, Slater 6
Line Breaks: Tedesco 4, Slater 0
Line Break Assists: Tedesco 3, Slater 2
Tackles: Tedesco 20, Slater 8
Errors: Tedesco 1, Slater 3

And don’t even start on how much better Tommy Turbo was over the 3 games

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to know who votes on this shit. Tedesco's and cook's performance in game 1 alone was miles better than anything slater has done this series
Apparently it was Lockyer & Daley, with Meninga overseeing it.
Two biased Queensladers & a former NSW player/coach who should already be blacklisted from State of Origin.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are all the dce haters now. He give us a fucking lesson. To ash taylor fans he is 10 kg overweight and doesnt like to tackle, queensland win series if dce plays all 3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.