State of Origin Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This match showed why DCE isn't Origin standard. Munster did more in 1 game than DCE did his entire Origin career. Munster is a gun and it's just a question of where QLD play him in 2018. I honestly don't know what his best position is. It actually probably isn't fullback as he's getting a bit big to be a fullback. Might be in the centres.
Munster is a dead set gun.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I still cant see where Hunt fits hey.
Munster Probably in the halves again with Cronk. Morgan surprised me in the Centres how good he adapted. Great defense.
With the likes of G.I & Boyd possibly coming back next year, throws a spanner in the works. Will probably have Morgan as the utility on the Bench?>? A good headache for a Qld selector to have I guess.

NSW, well not sure. Think most of the current team will stay. Coach?
Morgan was outstanding. My brother told me why his nickname is "Mong".
He was talking to a lad from north qld and this bloke said that it's because he's "Mong Strong". As in when you get them crazy dudes that are really strong.
Mong is really strong for his size and easily held his own at centre on Wednesday night. Gives a little insight on why he is so willing to take the line on when he's got the ball.

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Morgan was outstanding. My brother told me why his nickname is "Mong".
He was talking to a lad from north qld and this bloke said that it's because he's "Mong Strong". As in when you get them crazy dudes that are really strong.
Mong is really strong for his size and easily held his own at centre on Wednesday night. Gives a little insight on why he is so willing to take the line on when he's got the ball.
Morgan was the biggest surprise and could be important going forward in the centres as QLD will need to look to life after Inglis. It was one position I thought there was a lack of depth after Chambers (who is very solid).

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What’s the Buzz: NSW coach Laurie Daley backflipped on decision to dump Andrew Fifita to bench

Subscriber only

An 11th-hour positional change could have cost NSW the State of Origin series, with coach Laurie Daley backflipping on a behind-closed-doors decision to dump Andrew Fifita to the bench.

The Sunday Telegraph can today reveal the untold story behind the Blues’ heartbreaking Origin III loss at Suncorp Stadium last Wednesday, with a confrontation between Daley and Fifita sending the Blues into a pre-match selection spin.

In a change-of-heart decision that has put his NSW job in doubt, Daley reinstated Fifita to the NSW starting side on game day after dropping the firebrand for David Klemmer.

It is understood the stunning U-turn, that angered several senior NSW players, came after Fifita confronted Daley to successfully plead his starting case.

Fifita was angered by the snub that was meant to be a secret ploy to surprise Queensland.

The giant was asked to play a game-breaking role from the bench after successfully being targeted by the Maroons in NSW’s gut-wrenching Origin II defeat.

Aaron Woods and Klemmer had prepared to start the match with a mission to set a solid platform for Fifita and his high-risk, yet potentially matchwinning, rugby league.

Klemmer refused to talk about the circumstances that cost him his Origin start when contacted by The Sunday Telegraph.

“Yes, I was told I was starting,’’ Klemmer said. “But I didn’t. That is all I will say.’’

The move backfired on Daley, with Fifita making just 54m from nine runs after being nullified by the Maroons in the middle.

Klemmer, meanwhile, was arguably NSW’s best.

He was rewarded with selection in Australian coach Mal Meninga’s inaugural Origin merit squad, in which he was named to start at prop.

Fifita was overlooked despite his Origin I heroics.

The Bulldogs giant made 166m from 17 carries and also rattled Queensland with several heavy defensive hits.

Daley, who is yet to confirm whether he will continue as NSW coach next year, was unavailable for comment.

The man who finally snapped Queensland’s record-breaking winning streak with a historic series win in 2014, Daley has been told the NSW job is still his if he wants it despite calls for Andrew Johns to be parachuted in as his replacement.

Daley has been NSW coach since 2013.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...h/news-story/4d487ecba277eb9d619ce3b6adee5342

QLD would like to thank Loz & Fifita.

Though Woods didn't play well.

IMO: Even if the change happened QLD still would have won.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I would have expected a real coach to send fafita home immediately and call up someone else to the squad if a player blows up over a coaching tactical decision

Daley shows he was never fit for the job

Status
Not open for further replies.