Star Manly pivot could play under Des Hasler again

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
SPECULATION is rife Canterbury are preparing a massive deal for Sea Eagles five-eighth Kieran Foran.

It was reported on Tuesday Manly are in a state of disarray, with the Kiwi international apparently keen to move at the end of the year and two-time premiership-winning centre Steve Matai seeking an immediate release.

It is understood Gold Coast have offered Matai a lucrative three-year deal but want him part of their 2015 roster.

The 30-year-old’s management is chasing a three-year deal for him, with new Sea Eagles boss Joe Kelly only offering a contract for 2016 and 2017.

Kieran Foran, Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai celebrate a Manly win.
Kieran Foran, Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai celebrate a Manly win.
If Foran was to jump ship, Parramatta were believed to be the frontrunners to snare him for the long term.

They are cashed up following Jarryd Hayne’s departure to the NFL and Foran is very close to coach Brad Arthur from his time under Geoff Toovey in 2013.

But the Manly Daily understands Des Hasler’s Bulldogs are very close to getting their man, a move which would horrify scores of fans in maroon and white.

“It is typical Des, flying under the radar,’’ a source said yesterday.

Foran and halfback Daly Cherry-Evans are both off contract at the end of 2015.

SRC: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...des-hasler-again/story-fngr8iii-1227191027782

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hopefully this is a false flag and we sign DCE instead lol

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is BS!!! It has to be. No freaking way are we paying overs to snag Foran. real f:slick:cken dumb move if true!!!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
How on Earth do the DT manage to stay ahead of the games developments like this ?

Who would've ever thought DCE might one day express interest in coming back to Des ???

This is a ground-breaking discovery !

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Would put a rocket up TRex and get him firing on field. Don't see it happening.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Typical paper dribble. Don't need him and can't afford him without heavy player losses and upsetting current player group by releasing some favorites.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really can't see this happening tbh, sounds like rubbish. The last time we tried to throw the war chest at him Reynolds hadn't established himself yet. I know everyone seems to have gone cold on josh but I think we'll see him step up and consistently produce more of his early season form pre-origin where he was close to the best 6 in the comp.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Would put a rocket up TRex and get him firing on field. Don't see it happening.
You are spot with that comment about TRex.. Foran and DCE used to rip him a new one all the time while he was at manly.. its a pity our halves are way too quite...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No way we have the cap space for foran.
ill defend the dogs to the death, but even i would be suspicious if we signed foran.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd take him but who knows if we can but he would be a very good addition.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
we constantly win comps with Foran.
only if we keep our full current squad also,
But depending on who we lose to get Foran, may dictate if we win comps with him or not.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
only if we keep our full current squad also,
But depending on who we lose to get Foran, may dictate if we win comps with him or not.
we could lose hokk,reynolds,thompson,stanley,perett and still win comps constantly with foran.

Mbye,Foran (frawley)
rona,loko (mcinally)

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Forans manager is just trying to bump up the already high asking price so he can get a bigger cut. This is crap. They want Haynes millions

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forans manager is just trying to bump up the already high asking price so he can get a bigger cut. This is crap. They want Haynes millions
I have a feeling you're on the money here. Parra have probably made a big offer but just as probably that offer is not as close to the 1.2 million the media are throwing around. I'd guess that his manager is desperately trying to make Parra think they need to fork out the 1.2 million to get him by giving the Eels the impression other teams will compete with whatever they have officially offered him. Lichaa was the only one we signed that the media got wind of beforehand in quite a long time. The Fifita saga and the Matautaia saga are prime examples of why i'd like our recruitment to take place behind closed doors.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Offseason, not much going on, papers have to be "creative". I don't believe the article for a second. No better than some of the troll rumour threads we get in here. Wouldnt be surprised if it was based on a thread in here. People in here have been speculating Foran or DCE would come here since Des came from Manly. Still hasnt happened.....dont believe it will. Also dont want it to happen.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
... to be fair, I did openly mock the idea of Des ever coming to the Bulldogs as one of the more ridiculous far-fetched notions ever concocted.

Never say never.

(*waves finger around all warning-like*)

Status
Not open for further replies.