News Star dumped at half time as Dogs sink to new depths;

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s what every outlet reported.
And apparently that’s what he signed with Manly. Was said he was determined to pay us back.
by all means post an article where it says minimum. All he said was he wasn't after "mammoth dollars"

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We were idiots for letting Foran leave. He wasn’t asking that much.
He makes it happen. 450 for this year and flanno has a proper mentor

Malla

Reaction score
We were idiots for letting Foran leave. He wasn’t asking that much.
He makes it happen. 450 for this year and flanno has a proper mentor
I think we are after long term fixes not short term.
Foran may have given us a little more in the halves and added a couple extra wins? But his history of injuries and that he’s close to retirement, what would have the benefit of that been? Especially since we did not have a young up and coming half.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should have put them away in the first half with a mountain of possession, the half back plucked it.
If Lewis started we would have been 12 nil infront

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we are after long term fixes not short term.
Foran may have given us a little more in the halves and added a couple extra wins? But his history of injuries and that he’s close to retirement, what would have the benefit of that been? Especially since we did not have a young up and coming half.
I understand the logic, I really do.
But sometimes you need a short term fix for long term gain.

look at it like this.
You’re a coach, with money and you have a youth policy and want someone who will set you up for long term success.
You scour the market and you see a 21 year old half who is a 6/10. No one 6 or over is below 30.
There are 2 sensational 30+ year olds available.

So,
Do you:
Get the best young player available who is 6/10 and hope kicks on?

Or get a 35 year old legend who still has a good game for 1/2 years and reasses who is available?

this is a scenario Barrett faced.
If he signed Benji or Foran for a year,
He would have the choice of Hastings, drinkwater, Reynolds, Townsend and SJ for 2022.
For 2923? Who knows? Cousi be the best half in the nation and Barrett can land his man.

the stop gap could have meant a better quality player as opposed to who was available.... kind of like floating uncommitted until you find your man.

I could end this message here, but, there is another dimension on top of this.
Burton, flanno and Avo have 3 things in common. They are all a pedo dream... all very young.

To me it’s common sense that in the halves you must pair experience with youth. Foran/Benji etc would have been perfect foil for averillo or Burton or flanno (depends on the mix).
I said this last year. I said it pre season, and I think I have been vindicated now. Two young halves will panic and come across as headless chickens together.
I also worry this continues into next year.
We talk about Burton being the best thing since sliced bread but he is still young himself.
Two amazing talented young halves can roll together but I am yet to see one talented half shine when he’s with a dud youngster next to him.

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says, when you have forwards who can’t go forward not even the Australian backline would win us games
But he can still make better decisions. With the little bit of good ball we do get he makes awful decisions, just awful. That kick on the first four metres too deep was the final straw for me lol.

I'm still willing to give the useless bugger another gonwhen or if we get a better forward pack and hooker, but man he needs pull finger.

Going to be hard for him now too, because his confidence will be shot to pieces.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Flanno couldn't organise a root at a brothel!

He's hopeless, our whole squad is lacking direction.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says, when you have forwards who can’t go forward not even the Australian backline would win us games
Our forwards weren't the problem lastnight. How many times did Ogden and Atoni bend the line and look for a offload. Didn't see the halves or fullback anywhere in site. Most of them would of lead to line breaks and possible tries

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It helps he didn't go out and try to play a test match for New Zealand before the season commenced.
And he has had DCE to lead the team and take the line on in all nine games, plus Trbo at FB for 5 of them who is basically another 5/8 plus FB plus centre...Foz doesn’t have to do anywhere near the amount of injury-risk stuff he did for us

Flanno ain’t the answer, but neither is Foz (or Lewis or Wakeham).

Walker may be the answer but no way is he playing for anyone except the Rorters his whole career

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had Blake green signed until he back flipped. He was the experienced half we thought was needed until we went in a total opposite direction (I don't think green was ever the right choice though)

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We had Blake green signed until he back flipped. He was the experienced half we thought was needed until we went in a total opposite direction (I don't think green was ever the right choice though)
The thought was he was injured for half the year
I disputed it but was abused. My logic was off season injuries heal quickly.
He was back round 4/5

he would have been sensational in the flanno role for a year or two to help Avi and Burton
An experienced organiser and a young running half.
What could have been
Barret disagrees wholeheartedly with little lebbo Nasheed tho

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should have put them away in the first half with a mountain of possession, the half back plucked it.
If Lewis started we would have been 12 nil infront
Game was definitely winnable. Halves just weren't doing their job. We won't get too many games like that.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Game was definitely winnable. Halves just weren't doing their job. We won't get too many games like that.
11/12 teams would have easily won against them today, if not the full 14
ww are truly spoon favourites

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The thought was he was injured for half the year
I disputed it but was abused. My logic was off season injuries heal quickly.
He was back round 4/5

he would have been sensational in the flanno role for a year or two to help Avi and Burton
An experienced organiser and a young running half.
What could have been
Barret disagrees wholeheartedly with little lebbo Nasheed tho
That’s what I said!!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That article is not entirely correct. For the record the club didn’t let Foran walk out the door. He hobbled out the door.
And look at him now. Must be the sea air.