News Star dumped at half time as Dogs sink to new depths;

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We could have Steve Mortimer and Terry Lamb as our halves behind this pack and they would struggle. They probably wouldn't kick it out on the full on the first tackle though....
Terry Lamb won the Dally M in 83 even though West’s got the spoon

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Which is exactly why we are going to have the last laugh, when we start climbing and reaching the top. Others (rorters included) would have had their time and be falling. We only have one way to go. And that’s up.. others can only go down an sink.!!
Not true... If all these high profile signings fail too... Things will be much worse. Imagine JAC being unable to score the six tries last night, in a whole 2022 season. If that eventuates... Things are much much worse

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the day he may not develop into a superstar, but if we can get a decent forward pack and Burton develops into a very good player, then I think he'll still become a solid half for us. At the end of the day we're not paying big money for him so I wouldn't put him in the Mbye category. It's not like other elite halves are banging down the door to sign with us.

For those suggesting we chase Reynolds, what happens when his body starts falling apart? Look how our Foran signing turned out.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only has Foran played nine on the trot but looking at the English league, even Josh Reynolds is playing week in week out. Could be something on what BlueandWhiteAxe is saying.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan isn't the problem... Meaney at fullback was apparently haha. Our forwards are pure shit with the exception of Thompson and Atoni (when he feels like having a go)

Last edited:

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I would have preferred Foran on a rumoured third of a price than Kyle Flanagan, copped so much shit for saying it last year (and banned as things spiralled from my comments) I think it’s absolutely idiotic to take Flanagan on rumoured more than 350k than Foran who was keen to stay on min wage. Just lol, we’re never getting out of trouble at this rate!

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally I would have preferred Foran on a rumoured third of a price than Kyle Flanagan, copped so much shit for saying it last year (and banned as things spiralled from my comments) I think it’s absolutely idiotic to take Flanagan on rumoured more than 350k than Foran who was keen to stay on min wage. Just lol, we’re never getting out of trouble at this rate!
Was foran really going to stay for minimum $ ?

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s what every outlet reported.
And apparently that’s what he signed with Manly. Was said he was determined to pay us back.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
All I'm going to say is Foran looked very good in our side and was our best player imo (you can say our team is shit, but he was still our best player) and we had the option to keep him around cheap (due to his injury history) for 2 years. I disagreed with the decision it at the time and I still do. I did think Flanagan would be a lot better than he's showed (he looks like one of our worst players), but he's lacking ability and experience (Foran had both) and is in an inferior side. Like Mason said, getting hooked for Lewis is probably as low as it gets and we're actually looking at Lewis starting next week...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury sunk to new depths and narrowly avoided a seven-year low as St George Illawarra scored a much needed and morale-boosting 32-12 Round 9 win on Sunday.

The Bulldogs scored two late tries against the run of play to avoid being the first team since Cronulla in 2014 to go scoreless in four games in a season.

They have failed to score a point three times already this year.

DOGS NO.7 BENCHED IN WOEFUL NEW LOW

Canterbury let Kieran Foran walk out the door and the club hasn’t replaced him with an experienced playmaker in the spine.

Jake Averillo and Kyle Flanagan filled the halves on Sunday and they are both only young still, despite Flanagan playing an entire season with the Roosters last year.

The Chooks let Flanagan leave and we can now understand why, with teenage superstar Sam Walker braining it in his rookie season.

Flanagan, on the other hand, is struggling to improve much at Belmore where he’s the senior playmaker in one of the competition’s worst teams.

The problem is there’s no one more experienced than him at the club to show him the way.

Lachlan Lewis and Brandon Wakeham are the other halves at the Bulldogs but neither of them have done enough to deserve a permanent spot in the side, let alone be tasked with putting the team on their shoulders.

Their attack has been miserable for three or four years now and it’s not improving quickly under coach Trent Barrett, who was Penrith’s attack guru last year.
So who was the star dumped at half time? Flanagan was benched but certainly no stars, not even a 1st grader.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is twice in the last few years we've been shown up as Rooster's bitch, first Napa now Flanno. The Cocks have been treating us like cucks for a while now.
Lloyd Perrett, Danny Williams.