News Star dumped at half time as Dogs sink to new depths;

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
was
Too many accounts to keep track of. The whiskey wouldn’t be helping you focus !!
just one account and even misquoted the wrong msg.

nasheed is a mess on a Monday morning and drunk.
Serious gf trouble and not that anyone wood carr but I’m truly hurting and alcohol numbing me

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is twice in the last few years we've been shown up as Rooster's bitch, first Napa now Flanno. The Cocks have been treating us like cucks for a while now.
Good teams don't need coaching, and anyone playing in the team understands the play. Move the coach and players to a team like the Dogs and they are shown up very quickly.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
was

just one account and even misquoted the wrong msg.

nasheed is a mess on a Monday morning and drunk.
Serious gf trouble and not that anyone wood carr but I’m truly hurting and alcohol numbing me
She finally caught up with you player?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
C/ logged into the right account.

Like and reply
I know your implication
But u wrong
If that accusation was reality I’d just delete it.
But reality im just a drunk Arab in pain and I Don’t expect sympathy but maybe understanding

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
it will be interesting to see what statements Flanagan makes to the press this week
Problem with flanno is he catches the ball and passes straight away, he needs to run to the line and a gap such two defenders to him and then pass,and if he gets smashed so be it ,he's scared to take the line on and his kicking game sucks,yeah i know our forwards ,team sucks at the moment but if he took them over the advantage line and played like a half should then things wouldnt be so bad same goes for avo aswell im afraid its time trent got serious with these blokes i thought trent was a half/five eoght once upon a time has he forgot how halves play ,he needs to pull the old tapes out of baa and poly and show them how it should be done no guts no glory

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if Flano, Averillo, Lewis, or Wakem have ever heard of a grubber kick in goal? to add pressure on the opposition,
This fucking drives me insane, we have kicked bomb after uncontested bomb for four fucking years and still no cahunt has the foresight to run it into the in goal and look for repeat set or god forbid a try.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need Brendan smith and what annoys me the most is this .. look at the absolute gun halves who we can more then afford but have invested in Flanagan .. look he has proven previously he has the right talent to do that but in a team that’s losing I seriously haven’t seen anything good other than the first game against the knights . This team is severely low on confidence and it’s showing now

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know your implication
But u wrong
If that accusation was reality I’d just delete it.
But reality im just a drunk Arab in pain and I Don’t expect sympathy but maybe understanding
Sorry bud.. it was a big loss this week. But it's important to remember that Melbourne are a good team and you had quite a few players out.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I'm going to say is Foran looked very good in our side and was our best player imo (you can say our team is shit, but he was still our best player) and we had the option to keep him around cheap (due to his injury history) for 2 years. I disagreed with the decision it at the time and I still do. I did think Flanagan would be a lot better than he's showed (he looks like one of our worst players), but he's lacking ability and experience (Foran had both) and is in an inferior side. Like Mason said, getting hooked for Lewis is probably as low as it gets and we're actually looking at Lewis starting next week...
Lewis is injured.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the logic, I really do.
But sometimes you need a short term fix for long term gain.

look at it like this.
You’re a coach, with money and you have a youth policy and want someone who will set you up for long term success.
You scour the market and you see a 21 year old half who is a 6/10. No one 6 or over is below 30.
There are 2 sensational 30+ year olds available.

So,
Do you:
Get the best young player available who is 6/10 and hope kicks on?

Or get a 35 year old legend who still has a good game for 1/2 years and reasses who is available?

this is a scenario Barrett faced.
If he signed Benji or Foran for a year,
He would have the choice of Hastings, drinkwater, Reynolds, Townsend and SJ for 2022.
For 2923? Who knows? Cousi be the best half in the nation and Barrett can land his man.

the stop gap could have meant a better quality player as opposed to who was available.... kind of like floating uncommitted until you find your man.

I could end this message here, but, there is another dimension on top of this.
Burton, flanno and Avo have 3 things in common. They are all a pedo dream... all very young.

To me it’s common sense that in the halves you must pair experience with youth. Foran/Benji etc would have been perfect foil for averillo or Burton or flanno (depends on the mix).
I said this last year. I said it pre season, and I think I have been vindicated now. Two young halves will panic and come across as headless chickens together.
I also worry this continues into next year.
We talk about Burton being the best thing since sliced bread but he is still young himself.
Two amazing talented young halves can roll together but I am yet to see one talented half shine when he’s with a dud youngster next to him.
Let's not forget Barrett and all of us had last year to go on. The Rorters didn't win the premiership but they still did well and so did Flannagan. The Roosters let him go because they obviously knew Walker was ready and probably would have walked again if he didn't get his shot.

Flannagan needs to be judged once he's playing alongside a better 5/8 and decent forwards. He was bought as a long term half not a 2021 saviour who would single handedly carry us into the semis this season.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just can't get my head around it that Barrett ( a former rep half) would be training Flanno to play like he is. It seems his father is undermining every coach his son will play for. Something that was off putting to Trent Robinson and now the trend likely to be the case here.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need Brendan smith and what annoys me the most is this .. look at the absolute gun halves who we can more then afford but have invested in Flanagan .. look he has proven previously he has the right talent to do that but in a team that’s losing I seriously haven’t seen anything good other than the first game against the knights . This team is severely low on confidence and it’s showing now
Whats Aiden Sezer up to these days?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We had Blake green signed until he back flipped. He was the experienced half we thought was needed until we went in a total opposite direction (I don't think green was ever the right choice though)
Green was only coming until flanno came the year after