Standard of refereeing is disgusting

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's shit for everyone. Every team gets their fair share. That doesn't mean it's right, but I don't know how you fix it either. We need almost everything to go our way to win a game of footy with our roster.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sutton family have it in for the dogs. End of story. It started in 2015 Easter weekend.

Anytime Chris, Gerrard or Bernard have anything to do with a Dogs game, we are on the back foot before kickoff.

These fuckwits need to be gone from the game for good

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sutton family have it in for the dogs. End of story. It started in 2015 Easter weekend.

Anytime Chris, Gerrard or Bernard have anything to do with a Dogs game, we are on the back foot before kickoff.

We have a 22% win rate win Chris, 44% with Gerrard.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

As an ex junior league referee i find it hard to comprehend what was the difference between the Montoya "no try" in the 1st half and the one he scored in the second half. Sutton made the decision himself for the first one and referred the second one to the video ref. And 2 different decisions were made.

It is LONG OVERDUE that club management request a meeting with Annesley on why we can't win a game under the brothers. Keep Bernard Sutton away from the meeting. Blood is thicker than water and he will protect them as he always does We are now 2 from 9 under Chris and zero from the last 18 under Gerard. In many of these losses we have been on the wrong end of controversial decisions and big penalty counts that ultimately proved crucial. The 2 of them together are a Bulldogs nightmare as the 2018 game against tge Broncos at Suncorp proved.

We really need to get this problem sorted BEFORE we get ourselves into a position to challenge for the finals. These muppets are the biggest impediment to us winning a comp and they are young enough to be around for a while yet.

Good friday 2015 was the crucial moment but i had doubts about Gerard before that.

Sort it NOW Andrew Hill.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
3 out of 4 captains challenges in a game yesterday were successful.
I was surprised, alot of the time there is bias in the Bunkeers call of the challenge. Wouldnt want the refs to be seen as doing a bad job.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i dont care if we are a shit side, the refereeing is getting worse every year and will never get better.
It all got a lot worse when the NRL picked up a sponsorship deal where they get a percentage of the gambling profits. It's not coincidence that blatantly obvious errors are made repeatedly in one teams favor that cost games.

The standard of refereeing in the NRL has been pathetic for a long time.

Worries me less as we have not been competitive recently but the Sutton family are corrupt scum.
Just look at some changes since we picked up the gambling sponsorship. First they start fining coaches for calling out the referees. Poor calls were still getting noticed.
Now players can be punished for it. Poor calls still getting noticed.
It still wasn't stopping issues with fans noticing bias and starting to get more vocal, so they publicly appoint Annesley to oversee the referees. Might as well have appointed Stevie Wonder. I think I recall two refs dropped since his appointment and only after huge protests from fans, not by his own choice.
The latest version of fuck teams over is the six again rule. Most people generally don't have a clue what half the calls are for.

At the end of the day I would like to see this gambling sponsorship fucked right off. Huge conflict of interest in my opinion. But anyone who bets on the NRL has rocks in their heads.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

You are Spot on, I was there on that easter weekend the game was given to souths.
The Suttons are corrupt it is so obvious. I dont mind losing a game but just want the boys to get a fair go and not have these idiots playing for the opposition

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He should be ashamed the call on first half try. He was on camera and parra forward kept telling him watch this watch this he kept saying ok will watch them. I thought captains where only allowed to address the ref? When Lafai got penalised for talking in air he clearly pulls out and gets elbow to face from parra player. And they get the penalty. It’s a joke and yo punch a line. There has to be a investigation into this

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The ref should not of made a call early and then gone upstairs to rule on the obstruction. He could of given it no try if he wanted too and then let the bunker decide. This happens nearly every time not sure why in this situation.