Rumour Staggs, capwell, Clark, haas, papi, naden, Rudolph, which ones can we afford

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Does he still have it? Haven’t watched manly play in ages
He sort of faded a few games in this season but has stepped up since being benched and Tom returning (like all of Manly I guess). Ran over 300m the last 2 weeks, scored a try, missed 2 tackles, multiple tackle breaks and offloads.

I'd probably prefer Marty for 2 seasons over signing Rudolf so we can re-enter the market next season where there's better quality props off contract like JFH, Fotuaika, Collins, Taukeiaho, Horsburgh, James, Saifiti and so on. Rudolf is an upgrade but I don't think he's as good or as good a prospect as these guys.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You sure he wasn't already following? His little brother is signed to us and he's a former dog
He was already following, he didn't follow the doggies recently.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sure he wasn't already following? His little brother is signed to us and he's a former dog
His following for ages never stopped i like Finucane and cook bunch of sick *****

Also Jordan Mailata still follows if only we got this beast

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Id be happy with Clark, capwell, rudolph

With topine, doorey, tommo, Elliot, antoni, smith, Waddell think that could be a good platform for next yr, without breaking the bank

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He sort of faded a few games in this season but has stepped up since being benched and Tom returning (like all of Manly I guess). Ran over 300m the last 2 weeks, scored a try, missed 2 tackles, multiple tackle breaks and offloads.

I'd probably prefer Marty for 2 seasons over signing Rudolf so we can re-enter the market next season where there's better quality props off contract like JFH, Fotuaika, Collins, Taukeiaho, Horsburgh, James, Saifiti and so on. Rudolf is an upgrade but I don't think he's as good or as good a prospect as these guys.
Yeah i agree with all this.
Think we could possibly get Marty for less $$$ than Rudolf as well, though not sure...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah i agree with all this.
Think we could possibly get Marty for less $$$ than Rudolf as well, though not sure...
Reportedly on 800k, you'd think Manly would chip in 200-300k for this year and next (so picking him up for 500-600k), Taupau would also probably want an extra year or two added on top. Rudolf still better value even at 600k imo.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reportedly on 800k, you'd think Manly would chip in 200-300k for this year and next (so picking him up for 500-600k), Taupau would also probably want an extra year or two added on top. Rudolf still better value even at 600k imo.
If those numbers are correct & it would cost us the same for both i would probably choose the younger legs of Rudolf...
I thought we could possibly get Marty for 2-300k less than Rudolf...not good business if the money is the same

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If those numbers are correct & it would cost us the same for both i would probably choose the younger legs of Rudolf...
I thought we could possibly get Marty for 2-300k less than Rudolf...not good business if the money is the same
It comes down to how much Manly are willing to chip in I guess.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Marty is starting to really enjoy his footy at Manly. Seemed on cloud nine after he scored last week and is probably appreciating Des cause he has em on fire at the moment.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Turbo has them on fire but yes he has been better the last two times i've watched him play i agree.Money he is on could be an issue i also think 600 even 500 is too much for us to pay? Wonder how Baz rates him..

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Turbo has them on fire but yes he has been better the last two times i've watched him play i agree.Money he is on could be an issue i also think 600 even 500 is too much for us to pay? Wonder how Baz rates him..
he tried shopping himself to the raiders and maybe another club. They didnt even look at him twice when they seen he was asking for 800k

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2.8 big boys coming off an acl. Ballsy move, but im sure he'll be a class player. Especially at the 6, any speed lost would be masked playing in the halves.

But in saying that 700k for staggs on top of 350-400 for pikachu. Lots of upgrades at the club. And they lose the kid that went to the warriors who would have been on a fraction of the 1.1 splashed on these 2.

I'd take Coates as well. His speed and leaping ability. If he goes to the storm what happens to Reimis :p

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2.8 big boys coming off an acl. Ballsy move, but im sure he'll be a class player. Especially at the 6, any speed lost would be masked playing in the halves.

But in saying that 700k for staggs on top of 350-400 for pikachu. Lots of upgrades at the club. And they lose the kid that went to the warriors who would have been on a fraction of the 1.1 splashed on these 2.

I'd take Coates as well. His speed and leaping ability. If he goes to the storm what happens to Reimis :p

Attachments

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Broncos must have between $3.5-$4 million a year in their running forwards (Lodge $800K, TPJ $600-650K, Flegler $600K, Haas $500K, Piakura $400K, and let's say $350-$400K each for Riki and Carrigan), have the likes of Croft, Farnworth, Turpin, Isaako and Oates still on the books, are in the market for a halfback up to $1 million a season, and have now re-signed Staggs on $700K a season... and have not given up hope of retaining Coates

where are they getting this money from?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
the Broncos must have between $3.5-$4 million a year in their running forwards (Lodge $800K, TPJ $600-650K, Flegler $600K, Haas $500K, Piakura $400K, and let's say $350-$400K each for Riki and Carrigan), have the likes of Croft, Farnworth, Turpin, Isaako and Oates still on the books, are in the market for a halfback up to $1 million a season, and have now re-signed Staggs on $700K a season... and have not given up hope of retaining Coates

where are they getting this money from?
Broncos previously had one of the highest TPA's out of any club. I think TPA's shouldn't exist.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Broncos are going to have to shed some talent, even Haas is surely questioning his 500k deal looking for an upgrade where in my opinion, he’s the best prop in the game narrowly in front of JFH..he’d be unhappy that untried talent like Piakura (400k) and Sualli (500k) are on the same or similar coin

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos previously had one of the highest TPA's out of any club. I think TPA's shouldn't exist.
I wouldn't want to stand in the way of players earning money wherever they can but it makes a mockery of the supposed "parity" the cap provides