Official Stadium Australia is now Accor Stadium

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The Bulldogs home ground (well, one of them) as of today and for the next 7 years is known as Accor Stadium:

Accor Stadium.png

Actually makes sense with 4 hotels near the stadium and Accor look after a lot of visiting sporting teams.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Full release:

I’m delighted to inform you that as of today we have a new naming rights partner for Stadium Australia.

Accor, the largest hotel operator in the Pacific region, has agreed to a seven-year deal with Venues NSW and our venue will begin to transition to Accor Stadium from today.

As a regular to the Stadium, you will appreciate the significant footprint that the Accor brand has in the precinct. Four of the company’s signature hotel brands – Pullman, Novotel, ibis and ibis Budget – are a short walking distance from the Stadium gates.

Accor opened a Novotel Hotel in Darling Harbour 30 years ago and now has 395 hotels, resorts and apartments and 18,000 team members in the region.

Accor has made a long-term commitment to supporting sport, tourism and culture in the Pacific, and currently partner with the AFLW, AFL, NRL, NSWRL and Netball Australia.

Accor’s support will bring many benefits for the Stadium and for the local and wider community, particularly as travel rebounds and we welcome back regional, interstate and international visitors.

The company’s vision for Accor Stadium is to link it to their tourism and hospitality business and their investment in the naming rights represents a statement of belief and strength in the future of the Stadium and Sydney Olympic Park as an entertainment precinct.

Simon McGrath, CEO of Accor Pacific, says putting the company’s name on Stadium Australia is a natural partnership for the leading hotel operator. “Accor is dedicated to creating incredible customer experiences, and Accor Stadium firmly aligns with our vision".
“We are immensely proud of this partnership, which is an investment into experiences that bring people together, from world-class concerts to sporting and family events.”

The name Accor Stadium will start to appear as soon as tomorrow’s international football match between the Matildas and USA, and we will continue to transition from our generic name Stadium Australia to Accor Stadium.

Accor takes on the naming rights of the Stadium as the NSW Government invests in a significant refurbishment program that includes the installation of the world’s longest straight-run stadium video screen and other fan-focused digital upgrades throughout the venue. Work has already commenced on The Great Southern Screen, with seating removed in the southern grandstands and the old videos boards being removed.

The Government has indicated that further investment is likely in the next few years.
The Accor Stadium announcement heralds an exciting new era for our great Stadium, which has welcomed more than 30 million fans through the gates since its opening in March 1999.

We are delighted to partner with Accor as we welcome people back to watch world-class sport and entertainment events, starting with the Matildas v USA match tomorrow ... a game that is on track to draw the largest crowd ever to witness a Matildas football international here in Australia.

I hope to see you in the Accor Stadium stands at the Matildas game – or at an event soon after.

Kind regards,

Daryl Kerry
CEO Accor Stadium

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whatever they want to call it, hopefully we're not playing many games there for too much longer. It's the most soulless place to watch Rugby League.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Whatever they want to call it, hopefully we're not playing many games there for too much longer. It's the most soulless place to watch Rugby League.
It’s OK with a decent crowd - we just haven’t had those for 5 years for obvious reasons. The proposed renovations looked impressive but the Rona brought that to a screeching halt. Hopefully it’s back on the agenda as the Rona recovery accelerates. There’s still a requirement for a stadium bigger than SFS or CommBank (Origin, GF, other major events) so it needs investment and I reckon it’ll get it soon enough.

Reactions: TAS

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s OK with a decent crowd - we just haven’t had those for 5 years for obvious reasons. The proposed renovations looked impressive but the Rona brought that to a screeching halt. Hopefully it’s back on the agenda as the Rona recovery accelerates. There’s still a requirement for a stadium bigger than SFS or CommBank (Origin, GF, other major events) so it needs investment and I reckon it’ll get it soon enough.
Agree when a crowd of 25k and over the atmosphere is not bad,we used to have no trouble when we were winning a few years back in drawing a decent crowd,and with the addition of the huge screen and a few other modifications will add a lot more to the match day experience.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even at Grand Finals it's an average stadium and I've had very good seats for our last two there.. From those seats its okay but from most others it's horrible. Hopefully the renovations make it better. It will still be hard to match the vantage point and atmosphere at the new SFS or Bankwest.. I've been at Bankwest when there are barely 10k there and it sounds like there are 30k..

There definitely needs to be a larger capacity stadium than those two though as you said. Hopefully the renovations make a big difference. I still hate going there for regular season club games. 10k there feels like 100 people.. Ideally down the line we play more games at Bankwest or eventually get a new boutique stadium built at Liverpool.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Even at Grand Finals it's an average stadium and I've had very good seats for our last two there.. From those seats its okay but from most others it's horrible. Hopefully the renovations make it better. It will still be hard to match the vantage point and atmosphere at the new SFS or Bankwest.. I've been at Bankwest when there are barely 10k there and it sounds like there are 30k..

There definitely needs to be a larger capacity stadium than those two though as you said. Hopefully the renovations make a big difference. I still hate going there for regular season club games. 10k there feels like 100 people.. Ideally down the line we play more games at Bankwest or eventually get a new boutique stadium built at Liverpool.
Well it wasn’t purpose built for footy obviously so there’s really no comparison to CommBank or SFS. I don’t think any less games will be played at Accor vs CommBank as they’re both run by VenuesLive (NSW Govt) and both will need to be used. Anyway let’s see. Once the new SFS opens I bet we hear the Accor upgrade is back on. In the meantime the consolation prize is the new big screen which should be sweet.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well it wasn’t purpose built for footy obviously so there’s really no comparison to CommBank or SFS. I don’t think any less games will be played at Accor vs CommBank as they’re both run by VenuesLive (NSW Govt) and both will need to be used. Anyway let’s see. Once the new SFS opens I bet we hear the Accor upgrade is back on. In the meantime the consolation prize is the new big screen which should be sweet.
The screens definitely needed updating at Homebush.. Hopefully they get some better food options inside and outside the stadium as well. The food at stadiums in Sydney (even Bankwest where they have more options) is shocking compared to the options at stadiums in the US..

I'd say improving things like that will go a long way to making the gameday experience better.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The screens definitely needed updating at Homebush.. Hopefully they get some better food options inside and outside the stadium as well. The food at stadiums in Sydney (even Bankwest where they have more options) is shocking compared to the options at stadiums in the US..

I'd say improving things like that will go a long way to making the gameday experience better.
Yeah they improved the SCG food a lot with renovations and I heard Justin Hemmes is now getting involved there. Stadiums are ripe for hospitality brands to get involved though that probably means increased prices too. They always find a way to get you!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah they improved the SCG food a lot with renovations and I heard Justin Hemmes is now getting involved there. Stadiums are ripe for hospitality brands to get involved though that probably means increased prices too. They always find a way to get you!
Oh really? Haven't been to the SCG in ages.. I'll gladly pay more for some food that's edible and isn't all frozen and tasteless. The stuff at Homebush is disgusting (never eat there) and it costs a fortune..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I wouldn't care that the food is bog average there if it wasn't so fucking expensive. I've always spent about $25 plus on shitty pies, chips etc there which isn't breaking the bank, but comparatively is about $15 worth outside of the stadium where there's competition. And the atmosphere has been good during the couple of grand finals I've been to there, but at other times it's been poor. Have attended a few trials at stadiums in Tamworth and Dubbo which actually have a better atmosphere with 2-3k people attending. As far as big screens go, I'd rather be closer to the action and not feel like I'm trying to watch ants.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If someone wants to be part of the NRL and give us money then hey!
We love you!
Welcome Accor!