Stadium Atmosphere

Status
Not open for further replies.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are Bulldogs games the only ones with atmosphere?

My girlfriend is a Tigers fan so Iv been to a fair few of their matches and I almost fall asleep every time. Yesterday I was at the Eels Vs Tigers match and it sucked. Nobody gets involved, the crowds are quiet and the announcers during the game sound like shit. She tells me every time that she loves going to dogs games because of how exciting it is.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone else's home games at ANZ suck compared to ours. The Tigers especially.

Souths have improved over the years (I think they stopped using fake crowd cheers over the PA system?).

I'll be using someone's ANZ membership on Sunday (was there for our Souths game too) and it's a bit different up there compared to being in the kennel. So I am probably not the best judge this year.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't believe it at Knights the "New-cas-tle" chant now has to be started with a recording over the PA. Never used to be...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't really comment on other teams games because I only go to dogs games.

But was watching ESL game on Fox over the weekend and the atmosphere and cheering seemed great and better than any Aus games I've seen recently.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's the entertainment. Tahir and Rob Shehadie entertain us thoroughly.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was a parra home game. The worst is the fucking recorded "PARRA" chant they play. They don't announce players coming on to the field or anything. Was rubbish

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No NRL clubs have a consistent atmosphere, barring Brisbane (and that is more of a testament to the acoustics of the stadium, as opposed to a parochial crowd).

Dragons in their Premiership run a few years back warranted selection amongst the best, but their fans are a pretty good definition of Submarine supporters.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If my wife supported another team we would divorced by now lol

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the entertainment. Tahir and Rob Shehadie entertain us thoroughly.

At the all stars game a security guy on the field watching the crowd pulled off some slick moves like this and more for the dance cam. In less than a minute he was yanked off the field and replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.