ST Merge

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
New coach Griffin. Interesting to see how he goes with the juniors he had like Penrith and Broncos

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith was 4th with that control freak gus punted him i rate griffin
and was at the helm with kikau was brought over

here comes the conspiracy theory- Griffin raids penriths juniors.....and takes burton too as he had them firing as he knows them

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It it wasn’t going to be an ex player, would have really liked to see Griffin with us. I wonder if he was even considered.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Griffin I get, but the two years doesn't make sense to me?

From all reports Griffin is a builder, but what can he accomplish in two years? Can't take advantage of their junior nursery in two years. That's no time to do a rebuild, do they expect him to be top 4 in two years or they go after Fitzy again? A split board decision if ever I saw one. One faction gets their man while the other gets the time frame.

Malla

Reaction score
He's a great coach.

He fell out with Gus because he wanted Gus to fuck off and let him coach. A lot of what was done for the juniors at Penrith was on the back of Griffins work, more so than anyone else. But it's Gus who parades around like he did everything from scratch.

What I love most about this is it comes a year after Gus' review of the Dragons. That fat flog is losing influence day by day.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's a good move for them. Griffin will inherit a decent roster too.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Why our board never approached him is beyond me. Barrett is much better suited to the Dragons.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why our board never approached him is beyond me. Barrett is much better suited to the Dragons.
If he falls out of favour again as a head coach then any club would be very smart to offer him a contract to coach reserve grade. Great with the juniors this bloke and he will finally stop the great loss of juniors for them over the years. Expect Jayden Sullivan and Sailor to get a regular run next year.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Perfect signing for them, he is a good transitional coach and will really stabilise their club while Dean Young spends a few years under his mentorship and then to take over once Griffins reign comes to an end.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I predict a crash and burn outcome like all the other clubs he's been at. Similar style to Madge and novelty wears thin.

Will apologise to TK in 2 years if I'm wrong ;)

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Steelers go from bad to worse.

Griffins coaching with wear thin within 12 months, then no one will want to play for him. Again.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He will go well. Be interesting anyway.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
He obviously has ability but seems to lack people skills.

I'm sure he's worked on it. He needs too. Fails here and he's done at his age. No one will hire a 60 he old sacked at three clubs with no premiership