News Sport Confidential: Bulldogs make a play to recruit Payne Haas

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is my concern when people state elevating freak athletes above actual gods like Webcke, Lazarus etc.
The best of the best are measured largely by their impact in finals and origin
Yeah exactly. Based on talent and physical attributes, Haas is one of the best of the last 30 years. Based on success at club level, in finals and in Origin, he can't be compared to Petero, Webcke and Lazarus. You need to do it regularly in Origin and in September if you're to be considered above those guys..

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah exactly. Based on talent and physical attributes, Haas is one of the best of the last 30 years. Based on success at club level, in finals and in Origin, he can't be compared to Petero, Webcke and Lazarus. You need to do it regularly in Origin and in September if you're to be considered above those guys..
One day, with a great deal of effort and commitment, he may approach the apex of all that is prop: Mitch Newton.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bella and Britt ok but Mitch always did my head in lol.

Don't get me wrong, liked his giant arse but not the same as the other two
Obviously Britt and Bella were way better. But Newton was the tough as nails toiler that always did his job

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haas is excellent no doubt, but the Broncs have improved because of Reynolds and Walsh. For what he would cost us I'm not sure he is what we need

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haas coming off contract and we have an open cheque book and Hunt would have to agitate a release because of Griffin getting sacked/not wanting to rebuild at Dragon. Cleary and Munster locked up at top teams so silly comparison.
It's not really seeing we have absolutely no chance of landing him hence the comparison

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haas is excellent no doubt, but the Broncs have improved because of Reynolds and Walsh. For what he would cost us I'm not sure he is what we need
But where would Reynolds and Walsh be without the luxury of the best prop in the game?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Storm blueprint use to be our blueprint. I don't see the Storm paying props 1 million dollars to play finals every year or win comps.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Storm blueprint use to be our blueprint. I don't see the Storm paying props 1 million dollars to play finals every year or win comps.
To be honest storm without the second books and a insane roster of stars everywhere have 1 title from memory and that’s still with a pack of internationals in Bromwich bros, kafusi, welch, Nelson starting…

Brandon smith, finucane, Tino, hynes bench….

Smith, addocarr, Munster, Hughes, papen, olam, vunivula starting too….

Only spud was fucking brenko lee

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If something is "Confidential" why is it made public..?
The old confidential Chinese whispers leak of who's unofficially talking to whom,usually coinciding with a players contract year or contract extension talks.
I'd be pushing for Hunt or Sullivan before P. Hass. Having said that, he'd be a worthy replacement for Thompson and Waddell, both unlikely to be here next year.
All the same, with his Mum incarcerated in Brisbane, and being extremely close to her, I can't see Payne wanting to leave SE Qld at this time.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jesse Bromwich was on a million a year with the storm. To be exact is was 1.05 mill.