Reaction score
Depends what jail his mums in he might want to be near her

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope we throw 1.2m+ at him. At least for the first few years. If Haas gets to November and we're offering that type of money we're a chance imo (we have to assume Bronco will offer 1m). I don't really care if it's too much because we're "only" a marquee middle and experienced quality 7 away from competing against anyone.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant see Payne leaving Brisbane region. Mother is in prison there & he owns properties on gold coast / hinterland area.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Anything is possible with Gussy and our current admin. There would be 3rd party sponsors lining up for Haas. Even if we don’t land him it’s a good sign we are showing our intensions to land a gun in the middle.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree BUT...
If Haas is meant to come to us I sense He has already verbally agreed !
Why not, we have plentiful of money and cap space, come 1st November 2023 we can legally approach.
We'd all love it to happen but this story comes up every year with Haas and he still hasn't happened. I think it's unlikely he leaves Brisbane and if he did it would be to the Roosters or someone.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree BUT...
If Haas is meant to come to us I sense He has already verbally agreed !
Why not, we have plentiful of money and cap space, come 1st November 2023 we can legally approach.
Nothing would surprise, SBW helped the club secure TPJ and not many clubs would pay 1M or over for a forward, we’re definitely in a position where we can - despite being star-studded, Broncos struggle without Haas, he’s that good…. I think we might be a serious chance. He goes to the highest bidder.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope we throw 1.2m+ at him. At least for the first few years. If Haas gets to November and we're offering that type of money we're a chance imo (we have to assume Bronco will offer 1m). I don't really care if it's too much because we're "only" a marquee middle and experienced quality 7 away from competing against anyone.
I’d pay even more if he’s a chance… thinking of it through another perspective, he almost goes for 80mins… for a middle, that’s worth two wages!!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We'd all love it to happen but this story comes up every year with Haas and he still hasn't happened. I think it's unlikely he leaves Brisbane and if he did it would be to the Roosters or someone.
I understand where you're coming from but the fact is we have been clearing the decks for some special talents
1..Crichton
7..Hunt
8..Haas
Dreams are free :grinning:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from but the fact is we have been clearing the decks for some special talents
1..Crichton
7..Hunt
8..Haas
Dreams are free :grinning:
Exactly what I thought. Would be ideal for us. Exactly what we need really.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Didn't Gus say, he wouldn't pay a million + for a prop? I think he was talking about Haas at the time.