News Sport Confidential: Bulldogs make a play to recruit Payne Haas

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is what the media do.. TPJ and Haas are mates.. Now they're in Origin camp.. The media think let's link them together and go on about how they're trying to recruit one another in multi-million dollar deals... That's 30 articles worth of content right there... This is what they do. People shouldn't ever fall for it after seeing it a million times.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s a bit of a tease when we are so vulnerable right now an need a Quality player like Hass, man would it be worth keeping tpj if he can convince Payne to become a Bulldog with bite an mongrel , wet dreams are made of that :hearteyes: :tearsofjoy: Please let it be truth!!!!

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think there is something to this and Haas has been receptive, if he actually signs on the dotted line that is a different beast altogether. Also worth pointing out that the year Broncs got the wooden spoon they had Haas, TPJ, Carrigan and Flegler all in that team! Add to that Joe Ofa also in the top 30 had 5 or 6 origin forwards in the team and still only managed 3 wins.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Waiting for the first person to say, done deal. zzzzzzzzzz

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yet again this is all media hype and Haas and his manager trying to get more out of the Broncos. Just like with Moses and countless others before.

IF he does leave, every club will be chasing him and there'd be a massive bidding war. What's more likely is that he gets a fat contract from the Broncos. Why wouldn't they keep the best prop in the game and why wouldn't he stay now that they're competitive again?
B-Train, please, now isn't the time for logic. Now is the time to futilely get our hopes up!

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He isn’t leaving QLD. But I’m sure he’ll play games to get the most $$ out of the Broncos and they’ll pay it. Broncos will do everything to keep him. But we can dream! Lol

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yet again this is all media hype and Haas and his manager trying to get more out of the Broncos. Just like with Moses and countless others before.

IF he does leave, every club will be chasing him and there'd be a massive bidding war. What's more likely is that he gets a fat contract from the Broncos. Why wouldn't they keep the best prop in the game and why wouldn't he stay now that they're competitive again?
I agree BUT...
If Haas is meant to come to us I sense He has already verbally agreed !
Why not, we have plentiful of money and cap space, come 1st November 2023 we can legally approach.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d resign tpj if it meant we get haas aswell haha
Would have previously agreed TPJ was just not worth it, however that last match v Titans, he looked fired up & motivated. Earns him a SoO spot to debut. I’d say about time.
But perhaps, at last, he is buying into being a Bulldog & hopefully we see him deliver more. We will see……
If so would like to keep him anyway, & if that means getting Haas then that would be a real bonus.
Having said that, after I saw how JAC interacted as best mates with Latrell during WC last year, I was mildly optimistic, that Latrell might come to Dogs as well. Was perhaps just a pipe dream, & was never realised.
Always hard to work out what’s going on in a players head, esp one like Haas, with his mother cresting crap for him in the background.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hass should come here. Join the Ahkyies in the hood. It would suit him better.