Opinion Sponsor

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please, do you remember why Flanagan lost his NRL coaches licence? Refresher, because he spoke to players about recruitment for next year.

Go Dogs
That was because he was suspended

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's plenty of rules and clauses in the NRL that get bent or flat out ignored including the cap. You are pretty naive if you think these get adhered to in the competitive environment like the NRL.

Barrett will have his hands all over the Dogs roster shaping it for next year from the minute he signs on.
No he wont

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like hill is aligning himself with the khoury / gould camp, for job longevity, maybe he knows something the Anderson's may not know in terms of board movement in the near future.
Unfortunately the mail (not from the media)is Hill is pushing the Barrett barrow pretty hard. I really hope Lynne & Dunn finally wake up & take control of the ship.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many other coaches did our club actually interview before deciding on Barrett?..
Ask 'The Drunk' over at News Corp. Phil knows more than we do. Or the club, it would seem. He's already named 3, including Bellamy! Probably peers into his weathered Scotch glass each evening like a soothsayer reading tea leaves

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately the mail (not from the media)is Hill is pushing the Barrett barrow pretty hard. I really hope Lynne & Dunn finally wake up & take control of the ship.
And why do you think that’s the case?
I can join the dots on some who want Barrett and why but why Hill? He doesn’t even have a vote at board level anyway, even though he attends the meetings.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like hill is aligning himself with the khoury / gould camp, for job longevity, maybe he knows something the Anderson's may not know in terms of board movement in the near future.
That might help join a couple more dots in the same way I was largely headed...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That might help join a couple more dots in the same way I was largely headed...
Pretty weak from Anderson and the footy club board to get strong armed by the Leagues Club chairman into Barrett.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty weak the Anderson and the footy club board to get strong armed by the Leagues Club chairman into Barrett.
Agree. And precisely why I can’t believe that’s the case and why Hill would align himself that way - doesn’t add up to me - unless there’s something else none of us have seen yet.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And why do you think that’s the case?
I can join the dots on some who want Barrett and why but why Hill? He doesn’t even have a vote at board level anyway, even though he attends the meetings.
Hill’s MO is divide & conquer.
You know as well as I do that this Board are a basket case. Even so called “loyal allies” aren’t communicating “in confidence “

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt be suprised if barrett is already approaching who he wants he has the facilities at belmore with all the bells and. WhistleS he has a big job and we need success straight away hood lick to him

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO, Not if the khourys are waving some paperwork with 100 signatures at them....
Pretty weak from Anderson and the footy club board to get strong armed by the Leagues Club chairman into Barrett.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if we get Barrett we miss out on potentially signing Crichton or Burton. Is he really worth it ?