Opinion Sponsor

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it matter? A lot of people on TK would find a reason to whinge!!
Zero!!
Lack of accountability & transparency.
Just another job for the boys..,
Hill & his buddy Trent

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you thay naive to think thatbthis is how it works I.e. that incoming coaches don't work behind the scenes.
Use a little commonsense, if you were paying Barrett’s wages, would you allow him to work for your opposition?
Conflict of interest also comes to mind....

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would it matter? A lot of people on TK would find a reason to whinge!!
If the club was going well, improving, or people had confidence in whats going on i think the 'whinge' would be dropping a fair bit and comments would be centred more about the footy on the field..

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remind you that that's exactly what Flanagan did and the punishment that the NRL dealt out to him. If you were Barrett would you risk losing your NRL Coaching Licence, I don't think so. Plus if we "allowed or enticed" him to breach his contract the NRL would fine us and reduce our Salary Cap too. Do you really think the NRL are going to let us get away with anything, I don't think so.

If I was recruiting Barrett, or any other coach, that's exactly what I would be telling him. If you want to have any influence on the players you get to coach next year you have to join us now.

Go Dogs
Barrett won’t lose his coaching licence if he does that, although Penrith would likely sack him.

Flanno only got suspended from coaching by the NRL cos he got involved in coaching decisions during an already-levied NRL suspension due to his part in the peptides fiasco (or the salary cap breaches..forget which one).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett is a good coach, but he’s not the solution we need. We need an experienced man manager that can show affinity with the youngest troubled player & stand up and play hard ball with the CEO & the Board. Someone that will surround himself with smart operators.
Given what Eddie Jones achieved with Japan & England Rugby not to mention his standing in the corporate world.
Before anyone brings it up, yes he actually did play league growing up, he along with the Ella’s and just about everyone in south eastern Sydney (in that era)played both league & union growing up....
would be worth more consideration than a passing thought......
I agree Barrett is not what we need and apart from the media noise there’s no evidence a decision has been made to go in that direction. Eddie Jones is 0.0001% chance of being the next Bulldogs coach but that doesn’t mean that someone associated with English football (not soccer) is not in the frame...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree Barrett is not what we need and apart from the media noise there’s no evidence a decision has been made to go in that direction. Eddie Jones is 0.0001% chance of being the next Bulldogs coach but that doesn’t mean that someone associated with English football (not soccer) is not in the frame...
Shaun Wane would be the man but I doubt this rabble running the club now have the brains to recruit him. If by some miracle they did, then there would be no need for any pyrotechnics..:tearsofjoy:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Canterbury CEO Andrew Hill & Chairperson Lynne Anderson are hoping to appease disgruntled Bulldogs supporters with yet another potential short-sighted, rash & poorly thought out decision in rushing through the signature of Barrett as coach for 2021. Given the Panthers are in with a shot at the 2020 premiership, Barrett wants to have his cake & eat it. It appears that he will be unable to negotiate with players given he’s still employed by the Panthers.
This situation brings into question the Bulldogs recruitment for next season. Given the embarrassing Koroisau negotiations coming on the back of the Club’s handling of the Port Macquarie situation; the Club is anxiously awaiting confirmation of the following sponsor: “Band Aid Solutions”
He doesn't need to negotiate with any players.

Just their manager and keep the player at arms length.

Oldest trick in the book.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And do you really think Penrith wouldn't dob him in? They have an exclusivity contract with him, a binding contract registered with the NRL. Again, it's us, the Bulldogs and of course the NRL are going to be sniffing around looking for any way they can crucify us.

Go Dogs
Penrith won't dob him because they do the exact same thing and Barrett would have knowledge of that.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope there is a process. I’m concerned with negotiating.... and his connection with Barrett. Would not be in the best interest of the Club right now.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I really hope there is a process. I’m concerned with negotiating.... and his connection with Barrett. Would not be in the best interest of the Club right now.
It’s easy to join dots as it appears the media have - but you’ll also notice the counter stories in case they’re wrong (not that that seems to bother them).

The appointment of our next coach is crucial and every stakeholder knows it, especially given how the Pay situation became a tinderbox.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Shaun Wane would be the man but I doubt this rabble running the club now have the brains to recruit him. If by some miracle they did, then there would be no need for any pyrotechnics..:tearsofjoy:
I’ll reserve my judgement until the fat lady starts warming up her larynx...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ll reserve my judgement until the fat lady starts warming up her larynx...
Wonder if Wane would be interested in a assistant role so he can keep England job similar to what the Chooks did with Steve McNamara a few years ago?

Is Wane more of a defensive coach? I don't really know a lot about him but it could be a good combo with Barrett.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wonder if Wane would be interested in a assistant role so he can keep England job similar to what the Chooks did with Steve McNamara a few years ago?

Is Wane more of a defensive coach? I don't really know a lot about him but it could be a good combo with Barrett.
I’m not sure he’d be interested in a minor role but the C-19 situation would obviously have given him cause for re-think in terms of when he might consider a go in the NRL. As for his club record, 3 titles in 8 years at Wigan ain’t bad and apart from the W/L record of ~68%, most of the W’s were noticeably larger margins than the L’s which suggests to me he’s more an attacking coach but no slouch with defence either.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what i have read about this bloke, a far better option than the one in the media.
I’m not sure he’d be interested in a minor role but the C-19 situation would obviously have given him cause for re-think in terms of when he might consider a go in the NRL. As for his club record, 3 titles in 8 years at Wigan ain’t bad and apart from the W/L record of ~68%, most of the W’s were noticeably larger margins than the L’s which suggests to me he’s more an attacking coach but no slouch with defence either.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
dud anderson and benny hill are doing a small token gesture hoping its enough to save their backsides from an egm or the next board election

throw lynn anderson and the board in the dumpster where the rubbish belongs

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s easy to join dots as it appears the media have - but you’ll also notice the counter stories in case they’re wrong (not that that seems to bother them).

The appointment of our next coach is crucial and every stakeholder knows it, especially given how the Pay situation became a tinderbox.
Unfortunately the mail (not from the media)is Hill is pushing the Barrett barrow pretty hard. I really hope Lynne & Dunn finally wake up & take control of the ship.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see Sydney Tools on the girls team jersey. Maybe there’s some truth about them upgrading. 45E8A5D8-18C7-4EBE-B399-4B47328E166A.jpeg