Cronk
Nikorima x2
Norman
Croft
Ash Taylor
Elgey
Thurston........
In no particular order.
Over the past decade having watched junior football in both NSW & QLD, the stark contrast in junior development is evident in both the quality & quantity of “spine” players being produced in QLD.
NSW juniors tend to play structured football where the Queenslanders are allowed to play what they see & what’s in front of them.
Positive move in obtaining Keebra Park High as a feeder school.
Thoughts?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yes and no.

Yes it's good, but it's not an exclusive agreement.. so Broncos are still siphoning off their best.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think anytime you get any sort of priority access to juniors who have ability it can't be a bad thing, so hopefully something positive will come out of it. As for the structure v play what's in front of you argument, it's something I think Joey and Matty have been going on about for about 10 years. I think their position is that we have so many systematised coaches in the junior reps that they actually try and coach the mistakes out of them by making them play to structures (hello Des) rather than actually playing footy. that said, Cronk, Smith, Munster, Boyd and Friend to name some of those in the list are all pretty structured in how they do things. Having a bit of ability helps too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.