Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Staines
6. Burton
7. Townsend
9. Smith
14. JMK to move Smith to 13 when required.

Townsend is a good goal kicker, leader and defender and premiership winner. Even if he's not flashy we need a good talker with experience to lead the side around because Foran isn't doing it. If not him we need an experienced 7 to break his contract...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I recall a few weeks ago an article that said Cronulla were looking to move Townsend on. Salary cap thang.
We jump! Simple as that. Relagate Foran to supporting role as that's what he's best at.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Staines
6. Burton
7. Townsend
9. Smith
14. JMK to move Smith to 13 when required.

Townsend is a good goal kicker, leader and defender and premiership winner. Even if he's not flashy we need a good talker with experience to lead the side around because Foran isn't doing it. If not him we need an experienced 7 to break his contract...
What about all the non stop jizzing over Averillo. No room for him?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Chad Townsend... no thank you. Another Shane Perry. All other suggestions are excellent though.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
6. Foran
7. Burton
9. B. Smith
14. JMK

Look at Jahrome Hughes for fullback for 2022 (or someone else that pops up, I had a quick look and not a lot off contract). Even play Meaney there until then if we have to move Hopoate back into the centres. I'm not sold on Staines but TB knows more than me.
We have Lewis, Wakeham and Averillo contracted so I'd just be re-signing Foran and signing Burton for the halves. We do need some experience imo.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Meaney
6. Averillo
7. Cogger
9. B. Smith

Brandon Smith would be the only signing we need for next year. I feel Barrett will be able to get the best out of Averillo and Cogger in the halves, and dummy half is a much more important position that we need to recruit for.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a Jimmy Maloney fan. He is everything we need. His voice, his guts, his leadership and his cheeky lip. Maloney, and Tamau. 2 old heads.
Surprised no one had mentioned Maloney. Besides a gun Hooker he would be the most astute signing we could make. No rumours or talk of him coming which is a real a shame but Maloney and Foran in the halves would be pretty decent, especially with a world class DH.
Averilo and Cogger as back ups.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Surprised no one had mentioned Maloney. Besides a gun Hooker he would be the most astute signing we could make. No rumours or talk of him coming which is a real a shame but Maloney and Foran in the halves would be pretty decent, especially with a world class DH.
Averilo and Cogger as back ups.
I wouldn't keep foz.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fantasy line ups unfortunately.

I doubt we will sign even 1 very top shelf player for the spine, let alone 2 or 3..

But if we do right now we need a 9 like Smith or Grant with everything we have in the purse. Then sign a tough ball playing prop and maybe someone like Maloney.

Move on Foran and let Barrett work with Wakeham and Cogger in the halves with Maloney. Hopa in the centres with Cotric and make a fullback out of Avo.

Thompson will thrive when coached properly and surrounded by a couple of tough props and allowed to play to his strength as ball supporting edge forward. He is not a bash em up prop or a ball player. We have some good young guys coming thru and should plan our spending around them.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What about all the non stop jizzing over Averillo. No room for him?
I like him but we need major changes now and think NSW cup for a year in fullback or halves is the way forward now, just shys away from the contact.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fantasy line ups unfortunately.

I doubt we will sign even 1 very top shelf player for the spine, let alone 2 or 3..

But if we do right now we need a 9 like Smith or Grant with everything we have in the purse. Then sign a tough ball playing prop and maybe someone like Maloney.

Move on Foran and let Barrett work with Wakeham and Cogger in the halves with Maloney. Hopa in the centres with Cotric and make a fullback out of Avo.

Thompson will thrive when coached properly and surrounded by a couple of tough props and allowed to play to his strength as ball supporting edge forward. He is not a bash em up prop or a ball player. We have some good young guys coming thru and should plan our spending around them.
Thompson will thrive? Hahahahahahahahaha

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would anyone get pleasure from seeing one of our juniors struggle when being played out of his preferred position. Averillo does have talent and will hopefully respond under a better coach.
Oh Mr. Salty.

Asking the question.
Here's another why does the Kennel always want these young guys elevated before they're ready?

So many people publish their team lists with Averillo & Burton or Averillo & Wakeham as their starting halves combination for next seadon.

The NRL is a long hard season and experience and "proven done it before ability" is essential for the vast majority of the squad but especially so in the halves or at least have one senior half. Not Foran, but we need someone.
A good 9 also.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes. And yes you are an idiot some times
Thompson is terrible. You don't spend big money on prop then claim you need to buy more props to do his job. Complete waste of money and embarrassing recruitment.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I like him but we need major changes now and think NSW cup for a year in fullback or halves is the way forward now, just shys away from the contact.
Good chance squads will be reduced next season if the salary cap get's reduced.
That experience v potential balance will be even harder to manage.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh Mr. Salty.

Asking the question.
Here's another why does the Kennel always want these young guys elevated before they're ready?

So many people publish their team lists with Averillo & Burton or Averillo & Wakeham as their starting halves combination for next seadon.

The NRL is a long hard season and experience and "proven done it before ability" is essential for the vast majority of the squad but especially so in the halves or at least have one senior half. Not Foran, but we need someone.
A good 9 also.
Put yourself in the kids shoes, a coach says you can play first grade as a centre, should he turn around and say no thanks I'm not ready.

If anyone is to blame in the situation it's the coaches. It's not like if I call for him to be included or not that's going to happen.

I think some of these kids will be ruined by a combination of being played too early and in the wrong position.