Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Spencer Leniu

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
id love to see the tigers get moses, we need them competitive
yeah me too. i wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to the tiges either, was more shocked with the teddy/sualii chat

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers will surprise a few this year - I have dolphins to collect the spoon ahead of St.Merge, the Warriors will struggle too.
those three and possibly titans to round out the bottom 4 for me

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
funnily enough i had a message last friday from someone who knows a bit about the goings on of player movements (i’m not professing to be in the know at all, just sharing what i was told) who said mitchell moses will return to the tigers for 24 and either teddy or sualii will be there with him. his source was isaac moses. again, not saying i’ve got any actual knowledge of this, but it was what i was told. wait and see i guess
Interesting, but I can't see Roosters letting Teddy go though, he's grown into the captaincy role well and he'll take the 'pay cut' to stay at the Roosters because he loves them and wants to thank them, while collecting the rest of the money via other channels. I think Teddy will end up being 5/8 over the next 2 or 3 seasons with Keary going one way or another.

Even if Moses and Teddy may be besties they can just wait a few seasons for retirement and then do their own Fletch and Hindy TV love fest.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, but I can't see Roosters letting Teddy go though, he's grown into the captaincy role well and he'll take the 'pay cut' to stay at the Roosters because he loves them and wants to thank them, while collecting the rest of the money via other channels. I think Teddy will end up being 5/8 over the next 2 or 3 seasons with Keary going one way or another.

Even if Moses and Teddy may be besties they can just wait a few seasons for retirement and then do their own Fletch and Hindy TV love fest.
“Collecting the money via other channels” - Roosters specialty. He’ll likely continue getting paid by Uncle long after retirement as is the rumoured case

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

“Collecting the money via other channels” - Roosters specialty. He’ll likely continue getting paid by Uncle long after retirement as is the rumoured case
It's not a money question, Suaalii and Manu both want to play fullback and Tedesco is hardly likely to play anywhere else. The reality is 3 (players) into 1 (position) doesn't go.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not a money question, Suallii and Manu both want to play fullback and Tedesco is hardly likely to play anywhere else. The reality is 3 (players) into 1 (position) doesn't go.

Always a Bulldog
I suspect they want to play fullback for the money though.

Reactions: 88

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not a money question, Suaalii and Manu both want to play fullback and Tedesco is hardly likely to play anywhere else. The reality is 3 (players) into 1 (position) doesn't go.

Always a Bulldog
Maybe, but I still think he will be 6.

He seems stronger, often plays higher up in the line and will make more breaks backing up on the inside or breaking the line compared to returning a kick from deep, as his speed declines. When they're struggling he often goes infield more looking for the ball.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep .... Lol NRL salary cap.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I suspect they want to play fullback for the money though.
Does a fullback get paid more than a 5/8?

If/when Manu moves to 5/8 what happens to Keary?

Always a Bulldog

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does a fullback get paid more than a 5/8?

If/when Manu moves to 5/8 what happens to Keary?

Always a Bulldog
Think it's only a matter of time before Keary leaves, whether that's concussion, salary cap or something else.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Depends on the fullback and 5/8. IMO Manu will play 5/8 if keary medically retires or at the end of his contract 2024,which ever comes first. I guarantee Keary is given permission to negotiate with other clubs come November 1 this year

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
I thought the point of position was connected to increased monetary value…if those individuals are getting paid similarly, may as well play on the wing with less responsibility (personal view) unless it’s a question of wanting to have more influence in games or of one’s ego?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the point of position was connected to increased monetary value…if those individuals are getting paid similarly, may as well play on the wing with less responsibility (personal view) unless it’s a question of wanting to have more influence in games or of one’s ego?
True “players” want to play the most minutes, make the most tackles, handle the ball more, set up more tries, kick more goals, run more metres, score more tries, make a bigger contribution so the team wins more games etc. Collecting the $ame while catching a cold on the wing isn’t why they play the game, they play to compete, to be in it and on it.

Always a Bulldog

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True “players” want to play the most minutes, make the most tackles, handle the ball more, set up more tries, kick more goals, run more metres, score more tries, make a bigger contribution so the team wins more games etc. Collecting the $ame while catching a cold on the wing isn’t why they play the game, they play to compete, to be in it and on it.

Always a Bulldog
Don’t disagree with that. Ultimately, Suaalli will end up in Union, Manu goes to 5/8 (Keary moves on) and Teddy stays at fb.

but, enough about the Chooks… the question remains, have we snared Leniu???