Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Spencer Leniu

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
thats total bullshit
Ok fair I was told by a coach at the riff. I’m not saying he’s unfit as in rose. I’m saying he consistent efforts from time he’s on to when he comes for a break. That type fitness.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok fair I was told by a coach at the riff. I’m not saying he’s unfit as in rose. I’m saying he consistent efforts from time he’s on to when he comes for a break. That type fitness.
i know him personally and its not true

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Staines is rubbish. Scored 4 tries on debut and Penrith thought he was the next big thing. Anyone really could have scored those tries on the end of that backline. What does it say when Centres are being chosen ahead of him on the wing, or when the fullback was injured he wasn’t even considered for the role..

Leniu I’d definitely go for. Just the type of middle player we need and he is young too so still has lots of development in him

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i know him personally and its not true
Okay I think he’s fitt. But what I was told at about the 18 minute mark his involvement drops. And when they look on the systems it raises questions about consistency with fitness performance.
I’ll take it the riff coach who told me is wrong. I appolagise if I offended. It was not what I wanted to do

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You would think if we resigned katoa and okunbor, our depth for wing/centre is great. Our fullback depth can be covered with averillo and cotric also so releasing allan and buying lenui would make perfect sense. We targeting lenui earlier on in the year which might show to him that we care and want him at our club. Gus also developed him throughout his time at penriff. The only way this can happen is if we fuck off allen otherwise forget about it till his contract is up or nov 1 next year once we also make others leave.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You would think if we resigned katoa and okunbor, our depth for wing/centre is great. Our fullback depth can be covered with averillo and cotric also so releasing allan and buying lenui would make perfect sense. We targeting lenui earlier on in the year which might show to him that we care and want him at our club. Gus also developed him throughout his time at penriff. The only way this can happen is if we fuck off allen otherwise forget about it till his contract is up or nov 1 next year once we also make others leave.
at this stage he is not going anywhere. He has alot of mates at Penrith, they all came through together, thats why he stayed.
Tbaz is a massive fan, im sure they will ask the question again.

Reactions: ATT

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would love a Burton like pounce a year earlier with a guy like Spencer. We could get him for 500-600k but there is no reason why he couldnt be similar to Payne Haas.
2 different kind of props
Haas is 194 cm tall 127 kg monster
Spencer is 183 cm tall 109 kg cannonball
Let's get both, one plays hooker and the other plays halfback :tearsofjoy:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Spencer Leniu and Charlie Staines set to be forced out at seasons end due to salary cap pressure.
Should we line up an offer for Leniu?
Wasn't young Charlie supposed to be the next big thing? Too many players on too much money at the Panthers leads to the inevitable need to move some on.....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Panthers are already losing Matt Burton, Brent Naden and Kurt Capewell at season’s end, while Tevita Pangai Jnr will also leave after his short-stint at the club.
Burton was on next to nothing and TPJ would not have been factored into the salary cap for 2022 and would not have been worth much this year either and really could not imagine Naden and Capewell on big money. I know that the figures listed on line are not 100% but they do have 2.5 million tied up in halves and hooker and 635 for Kikau. May and Salmon only notable others still off contract...

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
at this stage he is not going anywhere. He has alot of mates at Penrith, they all came through together, thats why he stayed.
Tbaz is a massive fan, im sure they will ask the question again.
Im sure if he is serious about his nrl career he would leave. Like not hate but he definitely is signaled to be on the outer when they have matt eisunhuth and mitch kenny on the bench over the young talented prop with an amazing future compared to plodders in eisunhuth and kenny. Think of addo-carr all his mates down in melb but he moved for the better of his nrl career with family. We do have an advantage over everyone else as burto, naden, tpj, hetho, all the penny boys who have all played on a team or been in the same facility with each other.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a fullback, not a winger. That's probably half the reason. You throw Dufty on the wing what would he look like.
Well if he can’t get a look in over edwards let alone when edwards is injured he can’t be that crash hot at the back either don’t rate him one bit

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Naden shits on Shit Staines in every way. Naden is bigger, stronger and gets involved. He also takes the ball up from his own half, helping out his forwards. Shit Staines only gets involved when he is 10mtrs from the opposition's line by sitting out wide to get the ball and run over the line like a jack rabbit on roids to score and make himself look good.

Give me Naden any day!!

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's a fullback, not a winger (being played out of position). He has a good combination with Burton. I'd prefer him to Dufty. Maybe since we've already signed Dufty it isn't an option, even tho it's only 1 year. All I've seen of Staines is pace tbh but I have him in the potential bracket of players so depends on the price really. We haven't really got to see him play fullback in the NRL. Gus would know best about these 2 players.
I wouldn't have shit staines the country fraud even if he paid us.
He is CRAP.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At this point in time I'd take articles like this with a grain of salt. Journos have a small portion of playing teams to write about now, so throwing speculation about trades etc becomes infinitely simpler to write than finding actual news. I see this every year as the finals progress and the off season begins.

Penrith are probably going to face cap pressure realistically, but I'm not sure that they'd be leaking info like this about players they'd want fully focused on football right now.