Not open for further replies.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking Kimmy's English

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20683093-5006009,00.html

AUSTRALIAN TV's favourite mother and daughter, Kath and Kim, have won a place in the Australian lexicon with one of their unique expressions – muffin top.

"I am totally up myself about this," an overwhelmed Kim said last night.

"My muffin top has been famous in Fountain Lakes for years. Now it's going world wide literally."

"Muffin Top" is Kath's reference to Kim's exposed belly fat that flops over the waist of her track suit pants.

It may not be Shakespeare but it's modern day english as she is sometimes spoke.

Lexicographer Sue Butler said the phrase earned its place in the new Macquarie Australian Encyclopedic Dictionary after exhaustive checking process.

"They come from a broad variety of sources," she said.

"People write in with words they've heard on radio and TV and they're written in a computer notebook for checking.

"We also have a hi-tech system where words are taken from newspapers and magazines and put into a search engine to determine their recognition."

Other new words in the dictionary include:

Door B!tch: A woman stringently checking the age of people wanting entry to a drinking club and that their dress is appropriate.

Chick Flicks:
Films with a feminine skewer. Think Pretty Woman.

Mouse potato:
A coach potato who now scans the internet incessantly.

Biblical diet: Strictly vegan fruit and nuts sustenance as expressed in Genesis 1:29.

Rural Sexual: A metro sexual living in a country area and forced to dress more conservatively than his counterparts in the city.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
HAHA I'm a Mouse Potato

Status
Not open for further replies.