News South's star reveals his future is in limbo

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
South's star reveals his future is in limbo

South Sydney halfback Adam Reynolds has revealed he and the club are "not on the same page" surrounding a contract extension.

Reynolds, 30, is off-contract at the end of the season and is looking to remain in South Sydney, the club where he has played his entire first grade career.

But the 2014-premiership winner, who has played 206 games to date, could be forced to finish off his career with another club as the two parties remain at opposite ends on a future deal.

Reynolds told the Daily Telegraph he's so far been offered just one a year-deal, which he said was "disappointing" as he looks to finish his career in Redfern on a long-term contract.

Adam Reynolds wearing a football uniform
© Getty Adam Reynolds
"We have started the conversations. Look, I love the club and everything they have done for me, but, at the moment, we're not on the same page with where we're going and what we're thinking," he said.

"They have said they'd want to keep me on longer but they are only tossing up one-year deals at the moment, which is pretty disappointing if I'm being honest.

"I still feel like I've got a lot longer left in me but whether they see that or not, I don't know. That's a conversation I'm going to have to have."

Since making his debut for the club back in 2012, Reynolds has scored 33 tries and has notched a total of 1,636 points with his incredible goal-kicking ability.

The South Sydney veteran also played two games for New South Wales in 2016.

In other news at the Rabbitohs, the club today re-signed fullback Latrell Mitchell to a two-year contract extension.

Mitchell is now signed with Souths until the end of the 2023 season.

"I'm really happy about staying here at Souths. It's become home for me and my family," the 23-year-old said on Monday.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brisbane should sign him and pair him with a running 5/8th. I thought he was great in that Semi final match against the Panthers, nearly pulled off a clutch play with that 40/20 attempt with a minute to go.....

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
James Graham says Hi

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless there's internal strife with Reynolds, the Bunnies will not let him go. His goal kicking is worth a contract extension.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is stock standard for the scum, lowball the player, leak it to the media, claim they can't afford to offer more then magically find the money. They've done it with Fatrell, Roberts, Walker, Johnson and now Reynolds.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brisbane should sign him and pair him with a running 5/8th. I thought he was great in that Semi final match against the Panthers, nearly pulled off a clutch play with that 40/20 attempt with a minute to go.....
Fuck brisbane!!! Just sayin.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just like everything with Souths...... Nek minit Reynolds is re-signed and for more than a year. Remember the hooha about Sutton, Alex Johnson, etc. where Souths basically told them " We can't resign you due to money, we really want to keep you but we can't....Yeah pull the other one as it plays jingle bells.....

As for Mitchell..... he wanted a shorter deal, carried on like a goose just as he did at the Roosters and maintained at the end of it all he loves the club as it is now home for him....I wonder if it will be said the reason for the Reynolds issue is that the money paid to Mitchell prevents Souths from giving him the deal he wants.....