Other News Source Souths star offered to rival club - Latrell Mitchell

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He wants to join the 1 million a year club which he thinks he's worth . Thats why he wants a one or two year deal to boost his money he's greedy and not worth the money as he has not performed up to teddy ,paps etc superstar status not even close
Latrell could of got 1m+ at the Tigers.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Rare to say but agree with natboy. Bloke wants short contract. Probably because the cap is reduced this year in % and figures he can make a lot more in coming years. Hard to argue. Also don’t blame the bloke. While I have no doubt bunnies pay behind the books with Russel there he took less on paper than tigers offered.

Managers also are paid to make their money. They play the media how they have to.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on him, loyalty in professional sport is dead. The game is a business and clubs will not hesitate to move you on the minute you get an injury that curtails your career.... make as much money while you're at the peak of your career because you're just an injury away from going from a fat pay check to digging holes on a site.
Pretty true, clubs don't get judged as it's all about salary cap pressure.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree. I think Latrell had his moments and was starting to finally get in the swing after a slow start to the season but in the last 6 weeks when Souths went on their run I thought Allen looked outstanding at fullback and added plenty to their attack.

I have high hopes that this kid will be a star at the back for us
Souths looked better because Allan is an effort player while Latrell is just a flat out lazy shit. Allan did all the little things on and off the ball that allowed players like Walker, Reynolds, etc to perform at their best.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wants to join the 1 million a year club which he thinks he's worth . Thats why he wants a one or two year deal to boost his money he's greedy and not worth the money as he has not performed up to teddy ,paps etc superstar status not even close
You must really hate the guy. What makes you call him greedy? This is effectively a salary negotiation which most people do? Are you jealous of how much he earns?

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I don't know who his manager is, but it's quite likely that he's not doing him any favors in the long run. I wouldn't think that many clubs would be pleased to have this kind of circus erupt every time other clubs are able to talk to one of their stars. I'd also hazard a guess that the idea that he's got 12 clubs enquiring about his service is a bit of a furphy too. This is pretty much a repeat of the last time he came off contract.
Bit of topic but wanna hear a funny story about his old manager ? I'll tell you anyway. Latrell's old manager Matt Rose let his credentials laps. But in fact, he let them laps because he was caught taking money from an even Aboriginal organisation. Hows that huh, fuckin Koori bloke himself stealing from his own people. Cocksucker deserves to be hung by his balls. NRL said let it laps cause you can't be a player manager no more

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just another $onny Bill Williams version 2.0 only problem is for Latrell is that he doesn’t have the same talent or form for that matter to justify the $$$ nor the attention he’s getting, only the same loud mouth Mundine in his corner talking him up!

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You must really hate the guy. What makes you call him greedy? This is effectively a salary negotiation which most people do? Are you jealous of how much he earns?
Not at all he generally thinks he's the superstar , he isn't prepared to put in the effort in a game or training for instance he looks way over weight,not that i wouldn't mind having his money i would but attitude has to go a long way to proving yourself to be a rolemodel to so many of his fans including kids

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not at all he generally thinks he's the superstar , he isn't prepared to put in the effort in a game or training for instance he looks way over weight,not that i wouldn't mind having his money i would but attitude has to go a long way to proving yourself to be a rolemodel to so many of his fans including kids
That doesn’t address why you called him greedy? He’s free to ask for what he wants and form and fitness will decide if a club thinks he’s worth it

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whys everyone getting in there feelings?? This is awesome news!! FUCK SOUTHS !!! Make em pay!!! I hope Latrell milks tf out of them or whichever club eventually signs him. Fuck loyalty, it’s dead in RL Hahahaha Glory Glory on deeeze here
100% I hope he completely farks lol@souffs over.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That doesn’t address why you called him greedy? He’s free to ask for what he wants and form and fitness will decide if a club thinks he’s worth it
He thinks he's the best fullback in the game and worth the money,not even close to it, yes i know what youll say ,he could have got a million at tigers etc,but he'll only want to play for a club that throws him into the limelight and hold onto the status of the player he thinks he is,which im sorry to say he just isnt anymore

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
LOLtrell is Chris Sandow 2.0.

Shows glimpses of amazing talent and instinct but ultimately will be known for his lazy attitude, poor work effort and a tad chubby.

It appears everything needs to come to him rather than him going to get it.

I'll eat humble pie if he proves me wrong.

Bullet well and truly dodged.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He thinks he's the best fullback in the game and worth the money,not even close to it, yes i know what youll say ,he could have got a million at tigers etc,but he'll only want to play for a club that throws him into the limelight and hold onto the status of the player he thinks he is,which im sorry to say he just isnt anymore
You haven’t answered my question. I didn’t ask if you thought he was a good player?